Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

10th Post Celebration - Coin Cozy Giveaway! Winner Announced!

Yes, you read that right, 10 whole posts! And to some lucky World & Ancient Coins Forum member goes a collection of five (5) cozies of your choosing: Airtite, Slab without Flap, or Slab with Flap (coins not included). Also, choose any color felt--as long as it's green!

To enter, reply to this post with a kind statement about my simply marvelous photographic techniques (see any JamminJ attachments), my renowned coin party hostessing skills, or just say something nice about my husband. Winner will be selected at random when this thread dies.

Thanks for the good times...looking forward to the next 10 posts!

-Mrs. JamminJ

Comments

• Options
    Do you make those cozies yourself? They are awesome looking. Wish I was that handy. image

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first milestone of 10 posts. Each consecutive one gets easier and before you know it, you will be well past the 1000 mark. image Now, as for the coin party, I figured there had to be some brains behind JamminJ. image You are great, LamminL! Please enter me in your great give away. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Lookin Good, enter me please.

Walt image
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now, as for the coin party, I figured there had to be some brains behind JamminJ. image >>

I think I've just been insulted!

-JamminJ
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Live long and prosper! Not only an accomplished photographer but an accomplished seamstress, as well! Do you have a sister? image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Congrats on ....10? I know there will be many more -I love the application of your talent!! My wife is just using hers for....quilting,sigh. Please enter me.
    Shep
  • Options
    Congrats on 10 posts, and also on your remarkable photographs!image Count me in, and I'll choose green if my name is drawn.image
    Joe
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    or just say something nice about my husband.

That JamminJ has a wonderful wife who can make smashing desserts!
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    What an excellent Giveaway. And I'd just like to add that the photographs posted are outstanding. You took those? I would have sworn Adam Ansel took them. Clear, concise and expertly framed. I'm not sure I mentioned this before but concerning your Hosting skills, they are absolutely magnificent. Really. No one is more impressed then me. When people hear that you've planned a party, they will drop everything to attend. One member even postponed his own wedding to be there. A Martha Stewart Party would pale along side yours (which is probably why she won't come to the West Coast). She knows better.

And as far as JamminJ? Hmmmmm. ...........Oh yea!........He had some real nice shoes on the other day. Real sharp. Did you pick those out for him? Nice taste in shoes. Do you still have to tie them for him?

Thanks again for the wonderful Giveaway. That's a very magnanimous thing to do on the DarkSide. You are a true humanitarian.

MrLee
  • Options
    Congrats and please enter me, I already know what shipcoins I'll put inside.....image

THANKS!!!!
    N. N.
  • Options

<< <i>a kind statement about . . . my renowned coin party hostessing skills >>

I can do that!imageimageimage
    Roy

• Options
    Those things are KEWL! Please enter me in the drawing!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Hmm...I suppose I forgot to mention that stopping by the Jammin/Lammin house, a coin-friendly zone, is another good way of picking up as many free cozies as you can hold. Here's MrLee, a Litesider of all people, with a few slab-sized ones!

Needless to say, all Darksiders within driving distance are welcome to come by!

-Mrs. JamminJ
  • Options
    Are Coin Cozies gifts you bring along with you when you visit others? (Hint, hint)
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green's my favorite color, y'know. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Congrats on your 10th! image Please don't enter me though, barbarian that I am, I crack coins out of slabs when I get them... image

However there was some mention of an embroidery machine. If you have questions I'll pass them on to my wife. She has two already and there's always talk of another showing up any day.
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    Hi all,

With MrLee dropping by and picking up a few cozies for himself, it seems only fair that everyone gets a chance. So EVERYBODY who entered wins. Just PM me with your address and the type of cozies you'd like. If you want Airtite ones, specify how many millimeters and I'll try to get it close.

Thanks for playing and for your kind words--even though they were coerced as part of the giveaway rules. image

-Mrs. JamminJ
  • Options
    Excellentimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Thanks LamminL!

And now ,guys, when we are all winners here, anybody can tell me what is it: "Airtite", "Slab without Flap", or "Slab with Flap" or "Slab" or "Flap"????

I just see here the pretty pockets for coins and coin holders, but what all these terms mean?!image
    N. N.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    LL, thanks for the wonderful giveaway. I'm glad you're contributing positively to the Darkside! Congrats on the very high post count.image I would have nominated MrLee to be the winner, but for 3 reasons: 3) you are giving them to everybody, 2) he already drove by and pilfered a whole stash of them, and 1) he's a LIGHTSIDER.....GASP!!!!imageimage

You needn't send me any of those beauties, because I like mine.....ahem....nekkid!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And now ,guys, when we are all winners here, anybody can tell me what is it: "Airtite", "Slab without Flap", or "Slab with Flap" or "Slab" or "Flap"???? >>

Airtites are round plastic capsules popular with darksiders for storing coins. The come in every millimerter size from 10-41+ with varying sized capsules and inserts to cover just about any coin. Slabs are the larger rectangular plastic holders issued bu third party grading services to hold coins they have graded. Thus airtite cozies are sized to snugly hold an airtite and slab cozies hold a slab. The flap refers to whether the cozy has a little extra faberic to fold over the opening.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Wunderbahr!

You can bring one over when you come to dinner next month. image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Thank you, LamminL. What an awesome give away. image

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options

<< <i>...I'm glad you're contributing positively to the Darkside!... >>

Me too, 1jester! All that arguing in US and Open forum threads get a little intimidating sometimes. But I've found all the World & Ancients folks to be genuinely nice!

<< <i>...You can bring one over when you come to dinner next month... >>

Hey, Shiroh, that's the 2nd time you've gently mentioned a direct home delivery in this thread! Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo, eh?

-Mrs. JamminJ
  • Options
    Thanks! You rule! imageimageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Hey, Shiroh, that's the 2nd time you've gently mentioned a direct home delivery in this thread! Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo, eh?

Sanctus Dominus Deus Sabaoth, pleni sunt coeli et terra gloria tua, hosanna in excelsis!
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Thank you LamminLimage
    Joe
  • Options
    JamminJ!!

Thanks for your explanations!!! I though something like that , but you just cleared to me everything.

Sometimes, I'm thinking that we need to open/introduce here some numismatic dictionary for such... (or may be I'm alone here, who doesn't know all these terms..)

And now I'm knowing what I'm going to ask from LamminL image
    N. N.
  • Options
    My now-cozy coins thank you. image

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    You're two posts away from your next giveaway!image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    LamminL, my cozy coins and I thank you. Awesome cozies. image

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options

<< <i>You're two posts away from your next giveaway!image >>

Hey, that may not be so far from the truth. If I manage to get an embroidery machine this Christmas, there may be some personalized cozies coming your way!

-Mrs. JamminJ