Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is this a reliable world coin price guide?

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably OK, but definitely not all-inclusive. It most likely contains only the most common, most popular, or most significant series.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I got suckered into buying that by the "official" title in my early collecting years. And it is definitely contains only the most common, most popular, or most significant series. Also it also only notes the "average" circulated condition of coins, no UNC, XF or VFs.

HG
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Bought the 2003 version, el stinko de pukeo-only for the collector who has no clue (and won't if he buys the book). Pictures so poor you can't see detail most of the time-I echo the sentiments of LordM and Historygeek. image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Laurent - how do you really feel?image It's not good to surpress your emotions!image

Thanks guys for the input - that's what this forum is all about. I can sure find other uses for the bucks I might have spent without your advice.image
    Roy