• Options

<< <i> don't have a Churchill Crown either. >>

LIAR!!!!!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Don
    The currency coin is worth around $3-4 in BU. This is a proof with a mintage of probably 4. I wish I had seen it....

Lloyd
  • Options
    Lloyd, I think NE had two on their site. Be right back. image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    Yep, there's two listed. One cameo and one not.
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Lloyd, I had no idea it was so rare.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Proofs of this type exist for many of the George VI and Elizabeth II years, for most of the denominations. Except for 1937, 1950, 1951, 1953 and 1970, they are all extremely rare.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know that. Interesting. My first instinct was, "Oh, it's a $3-4 coin. So the proof is scarcer. OK, make it thirty bucks."

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Look at the buyers feedback. The seller's never going to see the money anyway.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a good feedback rating, that's for sure, and were I a betting man, I would say Veridicus is right- NEN will never see any money from that bidder, but the bidder's bad feedback did all come from one seller, so you never know.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    The thing about the feedback is all 4 negs came from one seller who has quite a few negs himself. I wouldn't necessarily bet on this guy getting his money either, but it could just be that these two had a problem and otherwise the guy is ok.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    That's a seriously beautiful coin!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buyer has done business with NEN before, no problems. Northeast will see their money IMO.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>The thing about the feedback is all 4 negs came from one seller who has quite a few negs himself. I wouldn't necessarily bet on this guy getting his money either, but it could just be that these two had a problem and otherwise the guy is ok. >>

Yes, now that I've taken a more detailed look at this guys feedback, it would seem that it's the other guy who has a problem and NEN will probably get their money. I'd still hate to have only 20 feedback responses, and 4 of them be negative.
  • Options
    TTT for Don, " found it!!!" image
    Terry

eBay Store