Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Holy Deutschland Uber Alles, Kaiser!

(PCGS PR68. Old, pre-DCAM-designation holder, or you can bet it would have made the designation).

imageimageimageimageimage

Somebody grabbed this from NEN for less than a thousand bucks, which sounds kinda cheap to me, considering...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ain't too shabby, either... (PCGS PF64 DCAM)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Nice, but not very British!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options

<< <i>Nice, but not very British! >>

Hey, with a title like "Holy Deutschland Uber Alles, Kaiser!", what did you expect?

In fact, with the top coin being from 1915, I would say that's about as anti-British as you could get.

Here's a little present or two for you Englanders!

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I misread the title of this thread, I thought you said "Eine sehr nette Britische münze."
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713

<< <i>Somebody grabbed this from NEN for less than a thousand bucks, which sounds kinda cheap to me, considering... >>

WOW!!!!!!imageimageimage I wish it had been me!!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Nine hundred and fifty bucks. Even I would have been almost tempted (not that I could have done anything about it, with my current budget.)

The Prussian gold piece is still for sale, though not as cheap.

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    "Gift of love for the British" wow, what a sign!!!

By the way, do I see dip residue on the 1 Mark? It's still impressive, though.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    I wondered about that, too, Jester- there is a little haze, there, though who knows if it's dip residue or not. It doesn't particularly bother me.

• Options

Is "Deutschland Uber Alles" still allowed to be played in Germany? The last time I even heard it played was by Mary Ann Faitful and that was like 20 years ago.

Beauty coins, Rob!imageimage

It is so nice and peaceful over here on the Darkside!

You need a flak jacket over on the lighter side just to survive!

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimageimage
  • Options
    I've found that a thick skin can work as well as a flak jacket. I got my introduction to Internet chatboards with the eBay coin board, as a few here can remember. After making just about every newbie mistake except all-cap shouting, I was pretty quickly stamped a troll or similar low life form. Lessons learned, I came here, with a much thicker hide. image

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Sure it isn't just your Soviet coin icon, Larry? image

Actually, I don't know if it is banned in Germany, but it's certainly not considered "polite." They still play it in Austria ... as the politer version of the words is known as "The Austrian Hymn."
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    I've never heard the tune, actually. Not that I'm aware of.

• Options
    Da da da!

This one looks like it has that same lite haze as Rob's 1 Mark.

Valentina Tereshkova....The first woman in Space

Sorry for the big photo.image
  • Options
    Interesting.

She certainly didn't look too feminine. Then again, neither did a lot of the Miss Liberties on American coinage.