Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

What's on your Christmas coin list?

My wife is getting me a couple of FDC sets from France that I located along with some additions to my small but growing numismatic library. There are a couple of other things I'd like but she wants to get me clothes and other practical items...image
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I've lamented it before. Other guys get coins from their wives, I get stuff like new undies.

Oh well. It's nice havin' new undies, anyway.

Nothing on my Christmas or birthday list, coinwise (my birthday is Dec. 28th). I'll be savin' up for FUN.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I don't put coins on the list because I know the wife won't buy them image
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrs. ajaan and I are going to F.U.N. as our Christmas gifts.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    The wife and I have made a practical arrangement: she buys what she wants and I buy what I want then thank each other for the nice gift that is just what we wanted. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a nice half ounce 2001 proof Britannia on my list...and if I don't get it my husband has a lot of explaining to do about his ebay shopping image Of course there is more that would be appreciated, but that is the one I put at the top of the list when it showed up on ebay (thanks to a certain mongoose).

• I'm not married, but I want any nice coins and/or cash for Christmas. If you need my paypal or home address, don't be afraid to speak right up. Afterall, Christmas is all about the giving right? image
  • I really don't want anybody to buy me any coins. I'm the expert, not them! LOL
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    My wife was sharp enough to go to my favorite coin store and ask the owner what I'd showed the most interest in.

I got a Canadian 1911 50 cent piece in VF. image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • My wife and I have the "Trozau" arrangement. In the past I've bought her a very nice embroidery machine and she's picked up some silver medals that only an expert in the period would realize were a good deal... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)

• << <i>Yep. I've lamented it before. Other guys get coins from their wives, I get stuff like new undies.

Oh well. It's nice havin' new undies, anyway. >>

Look at it this way ... if terrorists ever knock over a coin show you're attending, you'll be the only one with soiled fresh undies! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • This is what I asked Santa for - link
    knowledge ........ share it
  • nice coin for being hit with a hammer. image

No coins on the list this year. I got on from the wife last year. A VG-F US Walker that see ordered for $5 on the back flap of a envelope. $5 for a $1.50 coin. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders