Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Interest in 1947 Remar Bread Oaks?

I have a Charlie Metro card from the 1947 Remar Bread Oaks that looks to be NM-MT. I will be sending this into PSA as part of my very first batch. The question is that I only see a handful of Remar Bread Oaks in the Pop Report and no listing in the SMR. Is this one of those obsure issues that no one cares about?

Comments

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I care, but I'm weird. image
    Very few of these cards have been graded by any companies - and most of the graded ones are Casey Stengel. I don't know how much collector interest there will be a high-grade common, but I picked up several from Remar and Smith's (another Oaks set from that era) in BVG 4 territory at the opening bid for about the cost of grading a few weeks ago.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've got the Remar run, but I must be as weird as Nick. Unfortunately this is one issue where the prices have dropped steadily over the last 10 years. You can get all 4 sets for about $400-500. if you keep your eyes open, and I don't see it coming back up. While your card sounds nice, I don't know that you'd get any more for it graded than not, unless you pulled a 10.
    There is a dealer in NorCal with huge pile of these in NRMT or better condition, so there seems to be little chance of demand exceeding supply. Might be a good card to hold onto raw.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Thank you. I'll hold onto it as raw and put it in my esoteric box of cards. I never knew much of anything about this set.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    The exception to all of this would be the super rare '46 and '48 team cards. If you come across those you can name your price- I think they have sold for around 1-3K each in the past

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's