Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Cook island snipe

Finally got me one of those. LINKY-POO
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    Nice catch.......image I also think you got it at a good price.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful proof set. Outstanding price! Congrats.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Nice looking set, congrats.

Walt image
  • Options
    Congratulations - that's a nice set and a reasonable price.

I collect the Cook Islands myself but I'm more into the scarcer coins from the Franklin Mint from the late 70s / early 80s. Some of them were only minted in a few hundred pieces.

Marcel
    Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Marcel:

Of course by now you've heard the news that the Franklin Mint (main office actually not too far from my neck of the woods) laid off a huge chunk of its workforce & will leave a lot of the production lines it had formerly delved into, so as to focus more on "classic cars", etc! Will probably affect coin minting as well! Due to a great deal to competition from every Joe via eBay and the like, as well as the generally dismal resale value of most of their stuff, which less and less of the next generation seems interested in collecting.

- - Daveimage

STUNNING set, by the way!!
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I love that set - and great price -I think the Franklin mint issues will someday be recognized for the great examples of the coin making art that they are. The quality, at least on the ones I have aquired, is top notch. Since there will not be Franklin mint coins anymore - I'll bet those beauties from the 70's will be appreciated later.
    That's only my opinion - but I never get tired of looking at some of the beautiful proof sets produced for other countries by the Franklin Mint.
    Shep
  • Options
    Franklin mint?

<< <i>struck by the Royal Australian Mint >>

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I had a set of those once... it was STOLEN! I kid you not. Someone actually stole that from me.
  • Options
    Sigh, I got carried away on my soap box again because this set reminded me of some of the Franklin Mint series from countries such as the Virgin Islands and off the wall places like that.
    My statement still stands but sorry to tar your set (which I have also) with the Franklin Mint brush.image
    Shep