Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Enjoy yet a few more multiple Talers from our collection

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Sid, the coins are tremendously impressive! I'm so glad you have the desire to collect Talers; they are really awesome coins, especially with such nice artistic renditions on them. Please show us gluttons some more, when you have time.

Thank you very much!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    By the way, do you know what the counterpunch is on the second Taler?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Of course the 2 counterstamp designates the denomination, ie 2 Talers.
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Was the counterstamp an afterthought (i.e. "oops, we forgot the denomination!")?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • So very cool!!!
    Shep
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Now I know ,why I'd never been attracted by hammered coins: because I'd never seen any in such conditions (let alone the renditions)!

Superb!
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Fantastic coins image I've seen a few of them myself, but not in my own collection, I'm afraid... image

We have a few of them in Denmark, minted by Danish kings, but they are very expensive and hard to find. The German ones are more common. I suppose such coins never saw much circulation. They must have been made for presentation purposes and for savings.

Marcel
    Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00