Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A gift from a seller

I told you awhile back that I had started a Thai Buddist medal collection, I have purchased more and the seller (silkarrow) sent me this as a gift. It is Plated not painted. The copper does not show as shiney as it really is, half his coat and collar are copper. It is quite exquisite. About the size of a 20 franc coin. It is the rulers of Thailand on the front and I am guessing the Coat of Arms on the reverse.
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    sweet! image Can't beat the price, too. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Nice medal and nice seller Theboz!image
    N. N.
  • Options
    Those are the seller's to get to know real well!!! Beautiful Thai medalimage
    Shep
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Nice, colorful, and well-balanced. I like it!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    With the exception of the color of the dress, and temples in the background, all plating is DMPL ,,Silver for the Spire in the Background and her neckless, Gold for his Braid and Medal, and as mentioned before the sash and collar are copper.

On the Reverse the ovals are gold plate with copper seperated with black ,, the lower support below ovals is copper, The spire is black and the rays from it gold plate.

My camera just can't get that.

yes jester it is well balanced.
  • Options
    Beautiful medal. Thank you for sharing. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    Very cool medal!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Way cool!! Er, way hot!! Aw, heck, you know what I mean -- both!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issued for the 25th wedding anniversary of the King and Queen I believe. I may be incorrect though. When my son comes home I'll have him translate the reverse.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Thanks, I would like to know what it says.. I have a bunch of medals to be read also.image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boz, the reverse says (paraphrased) 50th wedding anniversary of the King and Queen. August 24, 2000 (B.E. 2543).

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options