Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Time for a new 1967 BB leader

After receiving the 2003 award for the 1967 BB set I've decided to retire the set and let Mr. Markel take his place at the top of the current finest list. Many thanks to those who helped me along the way.. Dan, Alan, Eric, Joel, Larry, Steve and Ed to name a few.

Jim
jwmerrill

Comments

• Options
    Wow Jim! What are your plans with the set? That is one heck of a set you put together.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    Wayne,

The only plan that I have for the set is to complete the Cubs in all PSA 9. At last look I need 11 more of the Cubs in 9. After that, I'm done with the 1967 set.

Jim

1967 Cubs needed in PSA 9

16 BILL HANDS
    39 CURT SIMMONS
    171 CALVIN KOONCE
    185 KEN HOLTZMAN
    388 ARNOLD EARLEY
    458 LEE THOMAS
    481 LEO DUROCHER (HOF)
    497 RON CAMPBELL
    524 FELIX MANTILLA
    576 NL ROOKIES
    578 JOHN BOCCABELLA

Trade offers are encouraged!!
  • Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the cudos Jim,

Its been a rush (!)
    Having you beat me (el snipe -o) countless times when you were in acquisition mode - was frustrating.... yet it was all part of the chase. And in retrospect - fun !

I do have designs on the #1 slot.
    And it would have been nice to rush the mountain with the king still defending !

If I can help - shoot me an email with the cubs you are looking for - I'd love to help knock that list down a peg or two -

Regards,

Steve "sjjs28"

imageimage
    Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Hail, Hail Jim. I certainly am not under any delusion that I'm going to run out of that tunnel onto that field with the sun shining on my helmet, but it has been fun hanging in there with the best damn set builders for two plus years...

I may stick around a little while longer, just to see who does what...

Again Jim, congrats!image
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Jim:

I echo Eric's sentiments. It has been both an honor and a privilege to compete with you (and mostly lose) in the pursuit of this set. I also appreciate all of your efforts in assisting this collector in trying to get to 100% completion. I unfortunately do not have any of the above Cubs in a 9 but will be on the look-out.

Best Regards

ED
    Treadway1
    Collecting 1967 Topps in psa 9 and 1971 topps in psa 8

• Options
    Jim

What do you mean when you say retire the set? Take it off the list? I know that skylaneflyer
    sold most of his #1 set. So it looked like after PSA crowned you #1 you're off the current list??
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    1967topps,

I've retired, or removed my set (all my sets for that matter) from the Registry. The set is still complete and intact.

Jim
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Jim,

Best of luck on your future endeavors! I've seen that your not being shy about acquiring Cubs of all different years in PSA 9 - doing a complete run?image It won't be the same without you...

My most vivid memories when I started the 67 set were of Skylane and you and hoping to someday have a set HALF that nice.

So, what do you think will happen to the 67 registry now????

Will Danny-boy be a benevolent dictator??? or are we looking at another 67-Caeser?
    Will Steve Saldutti stage a coup???
    Will Dave Jacobs sense weakness at the top and make a rush before the next awards?
    Will anarchy reign and create chaos amongst the 67 registry members?

These questions and other will be answered in our next exciting episode of "As the Registry Turns..."!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Frank,

I would say there are four possibilities absent anybody abandoning their set.

1)Dan hangs on
    2)LH who is gaining quickly passes him(most likely)
    3)Steve Saldutti makes a big push
    4)Stump gets serious about the set--since 9s are plentiful he could do what he did in the 1968s and just rocket up the chart.

Lets get together for a drink soon or something. I am coming down to your neck of the woods tomorrow.

Dav