Home Q & A Forum
Options

Are You Still Bullish on Modern Commemoratives and Future

Good Evening Mr. Hall;

I've read many of your commentaries and recommendations on the Modern Commemorative Market. Are you still bullish on this market and do you see continued upside in this market?

With the Mint perfecting the production of these coins do you see an increase in the # of MS/PR 70's graded in future years. If so, will collector's that have 70's in their collections lose some value if many more new issue 70's are released. With the possibility of 70's gaining higher pops are 69's a good buy and will they follow the upside trend.

One last question. What are the top 5 $1 MS/PR in your opinion, and same question regarding the $10/$5 Gold Commemoratives (not including the 2000 Congressional Platinum & MS $5 Jackie, which are no brainers). I own over 100+ silver/gold PCGS/NGC Commemoratives and this or any other insights would be greatly appreciated by myself and the growing # of collector's investing in this series. Thank you for your time and vast knowledge and expertise. Thanks Tom Gilliams.
PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Tom,

I'm still very bullish on modern commems. My bullishness is based on two things. First, collector demand is enormous. People love to collect these coins...and they're very beautiful and very affordable. Second, the U.S. Mint has done a stellar job in marketing and product creation and promotion in the last 7 or 8 years. I believe they will continue to produce fun coins and they will continue to bring new collectors into the market.

For long term potential I like the Jackie Robinsons and the other earl 1990s issues. They seem to be the hardest to find in quantity. I'm not really an expert in modern coins, but those are the ones that seem the best. I'm also not too sure about what to make on the prices for 70s.

David