Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

British Copper Reference Book

I'm interested in regal British half pennies of the 1672-1775 era and was wondering if there is a reference book available that lists them by die variety. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    You are looking for Peck.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>You are looking for Peck. >>

A vertically challenged halfing named Willow? image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Verdicus, welcome! C. Wilson Peck English Copper, Tin, and Bronze Coins in the British Museum 1558 - 1958

Joe
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Be warned...it isn't one you can pick up at Books a Million or Barnes and Noble for $10.image
    Joe
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, veridicus. Peck is your book for sure. You can find it for around $150 or so. Keep a watch on eBay, or try contacting Kolbe or Charles Davis. I don't have their info handy as I'm sneaking in at work, but I'll list later tonight unless someone else provides them and maybe a few other sources.

Cheers, Mac
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    OK. So, I'm screwing off more than normal.....well, maybe not!! image

Charles Davis' listings from eBay

Email Charlie, he might have a copy or one might be coming up in one of his formal catalog auctions.
  • Options
    Thanks, I appreciate the info. image
  • Options
    Veridicus: There is a "Private Message" function that allows members to converse one to one. You may want to go into your "Profile" and enable this feature. It helps when doing trades and keeps your personal info descret. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, Veridicus! Come visit often.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Welcome, Veridicus!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    I updated the private message thing, thanks. By the way, how can you tell if someone replied to your post without reading through the entire thread again? Is there some function that alerts you to replies? Thanks again image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Well, whenever someone replies to the post, the thread rises to the top.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    When you post, click on the little "subscribe" option box below the main text entry box before completing your post. That way you'll get an email notice every time someone else posts to that thread.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image