Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Thanks WONDERCOIN for the 76-D MS68 Clad Quarter

Mitch

Thanks for your total effort in finding the 3rd 1976-D for my set I knew if anyone could find it you would. This coin not only fits in my clad Washington set but is a required for the type coin set. Since we knew where 2 of the coins were you had a tough job in finding the 3rdand it is very much APPRECIATED by me. Your next mission find me the 3rd 1969-P MS67 clad Washington quarterimage
FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ed: You are very welcome. That coin has been very difficult to locate for serious clad quarters collectors, especially because it is such an important coin in many 20th century type sets. I have placed the entire pop 3/0 now (there are -0- 1976(p) quarters that have achieved the MS68 grade) and all 3 "d" coins are now in exceptionally strong hands. Anyone who wishes to own a 76 clad quarter in MS68 from here had better hope PCGS slabs a 4th coin (and they have remained pop 3/0 for years now). That is one tough modern coin!! image

Congratulations again!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bicentennial issues are very telling. Despite the tremendous hoarding and saving
    of this coin there was no detectable pressure on the populations of the gems in the '76
    mint set. The coin appears in the '75 set as well, but gems are very elusive in the '75.

This was no doubt the most widely "collected" modern but few cared enough to seek the
    best examples. Makes it seem that '69 is gonna be a lot tougher.image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    How's the quality on the 76-d? I have one that will be knocking on the door of 8 but the 69 in 7 would be an equally tough coin in 7 IMHO.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "How's the quality on the 76-d?"

Mark: You know how that goes generally (and not implying anything directed at you): If you had owned it, it would have been "exceptionally PQ". If you were looking at another dealer's inventory, it would have been a "squeeker" that just made. Kind of like your coin that is "knocking on the door" of MS68 - once you "make" the coin - I suspect it will be a monster for the grade -wait and see. Hey - these coins are kind of like ones spouse - well, let's not go there.

Wondercoin image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.