Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Cabinets Arrived

You can't imagine how much better I feel getting everything out of cardboard boxes and Tupperware. I haven't decided where this will sit yet but I had to get things into them pronto because it had been bugging me so much. Lots of room to grow too image

One stacked on the other

Looking down on some of the Goetz

Some of the Goetz collection

The 58mm Goetz medals

City View Talers in airtites fit nice

Limited number of Brit slabs fit nice too!

Comments

• Options
    What are those two coins with Chinese writing on the holder?
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Great Cabinets. Did they come full of medals like that? If so how can I order a set????????????????image
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    You're supposed to be looking at the cabinets and drawers image...a 10 and 20 Mark Bavarian Pattern by Goetz
  • Options
    Nice display cabinets!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    You probably already answered this in another thread, but about how much did they cost you? I hope you don't mind me asking. image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Very nice.........image
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. The medals look great in it. All it needs now is a few ancients to round it out. image
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    Showoff... I mean, nice cabinets.
  • Options
    Wow, cabinet lust making me all tingly... Uh, sorry, too much info there I guess... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    Can I have your address and times you're away form the house too, Scott?
  • Options
    That is interesting, how did they get to China?

Darkhorse is unemployed too!image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Nice collection of "assorted items", Cacheman!!

Oh, the cabinets are nice too.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    very nice cabinets...the coins and stuff aren't bad, either. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!
    Shep
  • Options
    Are there wheels on them?? Would be easier to steal, I mean move if there were. image Very nice Scott.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Good luck getting past the dogs, the mother-in-law, the security system, and the safe...not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Just one naive question: How does everything stay put or keep from sliding?
  • Options
    And what happens when there is an earthquake?
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    An appropriate display for the kinds of pieces you have was absolutely essential-I'm glad you found something as nice as you did. Now tell the truth; wasn't it fun putting those medals in place, moving them, rearranging them until finally, voila! Perfection...image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Quite lovely!!imageimageimage Oh yes, and the cabinets too!! imageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    What kind of wood are they made out of? Did the cabinet maker use special adhesives to keep the coins and medals from toning?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    Oak case and drawer fronts, Baltic Birch for drawer insides, no glue holding the archival felt in place but held in place by tucking the edges into a recess around the inside perimeter of each drawer.

Over all I am not too worried about it...it is a marked improvement over where they were before.

Other questions:

"How does everything stay put or keep from sliding?" The weight of everything keeps them from sliding. Og course I don't tear open a drawer like I would in the kitchen or a regular dresser. The felt is soft but rough and assists with holding the pieces. We don't have any kids around to worry about either..image

" And what happens when there is an earthquake?" If this were to occur I doubt my primary concern would be if the medals are safe. We haven't had an earthquake around here in 6,900 years. If it happens I guess I am just SOL.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Killer!!!!!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I'll e-mail my wife a link to this thread. Will that be a sufficient hint?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Think of the pretty tree that died for that ugly box!!!!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    No need to e-mail your wife shiroh; I don't know how Scott managed,but the poor guy who made them is no longer with us ..image

I think they look better next to each other (instead of stacked),but that's just my opinion image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    "I don't know how Scott managed,but the poor guy who made them is no longer with us" ??? Perhaps that's what Bill meant when he said the old guy took an early retirement. Bill still has plenty of other models and sizes and he'll work with you...Home Museum
  • Options
    Scott,

After looking at the contents of the cabinet and reading your "Storm brewing" thread it is very apparent that you know "a little" about Goetz Medals!! Perhaps you should have sent that seller a pic of your collection.

Awesome cabinets and beautiful collection!!!
    "DragonAzz doesn't strike me as a nutcase." clw54 06/18/06

The good thing about having multiple personalities is that there's always a designated driver.

Yes, I'm an agent of Satan but my duties are largely ceremonial.