Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

So let's see those New icons

Mine is the reverse of the 1990 German Penny Black.

Comments

• Mine's ME!!!! My wife drew it.
  • boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres mineimage
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Talented wife tlhoyimage
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    Transitional Victoria!! imageimage
  • Aethelred, I've decided to stop using yours and get my own. Thanks for letting me borrow yours!

• Nice ones guys. Mine is a slooowww animation of an Old Prices Riot token

<< <i>Oh, my head aitches! >>

and Nappy of course. image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Nice one Mark. Here's mine for now but I my go back to the Goetz Naked guy.

Anyone wanna wear the Hindenburg one for a day just to get it into the system for me?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • MacMouse, Vic facing right seems very strange.image
    Joe
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few you guys can upload if you want!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    hmmmm, that guatemala appears familiar Jester...image
  • I'm stayin' the same. No one has stolen my current icon yet.
  • Here's mine, from Monaco.

Walt image
    Cache.....Heh heh!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

<< <i>MacMouse, Vic facing right seems very strange. >>

Have a bottle of scotch and she'll be looking OK!!!
  • It's a Dark Thing!!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • still the same for me...some nice looking ones, guys. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭

How does this say "jester?"image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
    Och, he looks like a wee Scottish clown to me. Is he saying he's a Stuart......och, laddie. He's Queen Anne's lost heir to tha throne. Put Jester on the Throne over tha blessed Stone of Scone, and crown him King of all Britains, but a true Scotsman first he is!! Down with Derelict Charles!!!! image

KING MICHAEL! KING MICHAEL! KING MICHAEL! GOD SAVE THE KING!!!!
  • Embrace the Plaid !! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    And here's mine, a detail of my current favorite coin.

I've been wondering about the plaid myself!image

-JamminJ
    "Och, he looks like a wee Scottish clown to me. Is he saying he's a Stuart......och, laddie. He's Queen Anne's lost heir to tha throne. Put Jester on the Throne over tha blessed Stone of Scone, and crown him King of all Britains, but a true Scotsman first he is!! Down with Derelict Charles!!!!

KING MICHAEL! KING MICHAEL! KING MICHAEL! GOD SAVE THE KING!!!!"

(sigh) It looks like only a wee Mouse can understand....image It must be a Scottish thang!!

Make MacMouse the Monarch's right hand man!!!image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

Jammin' I like your icon too! What coin is it exactly?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    This is way too confusing; it'll take me about a month to realize that I'm replying to Mac instead of Vancouveritte.

Spoon's too old to be playing with Starwars;

Terry stole his own idea for ajaan's new icon ,
    while Bill creates a poll and then disregards it.
    Laurent is using the Hindenburg, ..... I'd rather stop here image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Circumstances beyond my controlimage

Laurent is wearing it for me for a day to get it uploaded.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
    I don't know- I rather like this icon...image
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I think you should use that one all month laurent, It is a very nice one that Bill lent you.
    Jester has me confused with the icon also, is it Mcjester now.
    That makes at least one too many Macs in this town, huh?!image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

Wow-the icon I was wearing for cosmic disappeared this afternoon and was replaced by a lightside penny, and I didn't do it! Is cosmic that well connected? At least I got my Ceres back but I liked that Hindenburg...image
  • That's too weird???????? image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • I'm new obviously and when I signed up you could pick from icons on a menu in the profile so I just picked this Dahlonega reverse but what I'm wondering is, how can you get your own icon rather than picking one from the menu? Thanks.
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Puny earthlings.

We ARE watching you.

It's a question we all ask when new. There is a once a month "icon upload day" (this monday past) when the icon upload function (in the profile page at bottom) is turned on by the powers that be and we can introduce a new icon if we wish. Usually a cause for much hilarity and anticipation around here...image

<< <i>That makes at least one too many Macs in this town, huh?! >>

Get lost punk, or I'll mince you up with my Claymore.....then I'll burst yer ol' ladies eardrums with me pipes!! imageimage
    Mac-you're pretty fiesty lately... you haven't been the same since tangling with Thelma Shukhupimage

<< <i>you haven't been the same since tangling with Thelma Shukhup >>

She bummed me out!!! image
  • Great.image Do we get advance notice of the day? Thanks.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.That will be in 29 days from now image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Veridicus - Icon upload day is the 15th of the month - unless the 15th falls on Sat. or Sun. in which case it will be on the following Monday.

I missed it this month image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
    Farthing, you missed it so you settled for the old standby shroom?image

"...then I'll burst yer ol' ladies eardrums with me pipes!!image" --Delirious Old Mouse

Well, yer gettin mighty close ta insultin 'is Majesty, youngsta....imageimage

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Jester - My penance for missing the Icon load. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm

<< <i>Well, yer gettin mighty close ta insultin 'is Majesty, youngsta.... >>

Please forgive me, Sire!!! image Aw lost me heid, I deed! (sounds more like that Bloody C@ckney, eh)! imageimage
    Well, I am a very forgiving type. Just as long as it doesn't happen again. Or your head just might end up on a pike alongside Aethelred's!!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Thanks! image
  • JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jammin' I like your icon too! What coin is it exactly?

imageimageimage >>

I'm sure I've posted this coin here before but here it is again:

It's my current favorite: a Holy Roman Empire Thaler from the Ensisheim mint in Alsace featuring Ferdinand II. I couldn't get the whole coin to look good as an avatar so I went with a detail of the portrait. I read a book on the Thirty Years' War and decided I needed to add a Ferdinand to my collection. I really dig the ruffled collar.

-JamminJ
    Yes, the collar looks interesting, and must have been de rigeur at the time. Fashion and consumerism were alive and well back then too!

I like the detail. I assume you're using a digital camera, because I can't get that kind of detail to show up in avatar form from my scanner.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe next month. image

Ken