Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Got an '09-S VDB in AU the other day....

Now I need only the 1871 and a 1909-S Lincoln to have all the key dates in the Indian-Lincoln series in nice, better shape circs....

of course that's provided you don't count the 1856, 1873 doubled die, 1888/7, 1922 plain or 1955 doubled die.

Of all those, I would like to get a nice AU '55 doubled die eventually. And I would love to have a circ 1856, but that's not on my radar for a long, long while... and I just don't care enough to shoot for the others (though I will happily accept them as generous donations or junk box finds! I wonder if any 1888/7's have turned up in junkboxes?) image

Comments

  • Options
    i have to yet scan my 1888 in i have a feeling it is a 1888/7 but untill the scan goes in and you all can see it it has to be thought of as a 1888. but since i see a 7 after the last 8 i must concor getting it out of a roll of pennies at work a while back for 1 cent in g-4 i guess that might fit the discribtion as junk box
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
    image
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭✭
    That overdate is so faint-looking (to me) even a super detailed scan may not be conclusive... but I hope you have one!
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    image I havn't have time or money to work on my cent collection the 08S and 09S is all I need to finish the IHC 09vdbs is all I need for the lincolns.
    image


    I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

    Always looking for nice type coins

    my local dealer
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭✭
    That ain't bad, MacCoin, the S-mint Indians aren't that hard to find - and at least the 09-SVDB is easy enough to find; it just seems to keep going up in price!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file