Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

eBay + PayPal is a real pain in the arse

I won three coins on eBay from the same seller. I got his price for combined shipping, after two emails to him. I click on the PayPal link in his auction and of course PayPal enters the amount for shipping as listed in each auction, a total of $13.50, not the $7.75 he quoted me. What makes it such a pain is PayPal wouldn't let me edit the shipping cost. So I had to send him the money as a non-Bay auction good or whatever. Why the f. . . don't they just make the shipping line so you can edit it.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    You can send a non- E-bay PayPal payment to the seller to avoid that, I have done it before.......
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me; I just left a message in the message box when I paid with paypal that I expected reduced shipping charges despite the amount paid and he credited my account-no problems.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    The last time that happened to me the price was editable, so I just reduced it to make the total come out right, and said what I had done in the message box. That worked fine. image
    Roy

• Options

<< <i>The last time that happened to me the price was editable, so I just reduced it to make the total come out right, and said what I had done in the message box. That worked fine. image >>

Me too
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I've done several multiple purchase (3-7 items, one seller) that have extended over a week to complete, this month. When it was time to payI used the Paypal button on my Items Won list and the whole lot came up with the total S/H there, but below it was a box to add or subtract any amount up to the total shipping and handling listed. A seperate email was necessary to get the combined postage to make the correction, but everything was on the Paypal Form. No Problems at all.
  • Options
    Some dealers are using an apparently new feature that lets them combine wins. However, when that doesn't happen, you can't pay for multiples from an auction page. You have to go directly to PayPal and enter the items manually.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This did combine all three items, but it also combined the shipping, $4.45 each for $13.35.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Then that can only be fixed by the seller -- unless there is an open +/- adjustment line.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image