Has arrived!

My images:

eBay images from seller:

Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin! What amazes me is that from the pictures they look like two different coinsimage
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see that it's indeed a gem BU image

The initial link had scared me ,in spite of its buyprice image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    It's beautiful, with full luster. But is that hairlining I see, or die polishing?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Great color and a big cat too. Tough choice though. Does this go in the Rupie collection or in your pride of lionsimage

Steve
  • Options
    great colors!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Very nice!! Does it really have that violet-brown toning? The ones from presentation sets often do.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, indeed. The seller's image probably cheated him of quite a bit of money (i.e., potential bids). I mean, it looks OK in his pics, but sweet in yours.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I agree, the seller left alot on the table due to the poor picture.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Yes there are hairlines and yes a few small dings but nothing I can't live with. There is even a die crack that goes from the left lapel to just under the shoulder pad thingy.

If I were to grade this one via US standards I would give it a MS61-62. This coins are hard to find even this nice.

And yes the colors are there too.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    No doubt it's very scarce in that condition, and I can live with hairlines, all things considered. The coin looks really nice.

Did you see the link with the history of that territory, attached to Jester's Challenge #112 (British East African coin)? I think that was really a wild time in history.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Never checked out your links. I'll have to go back and check them out.

I did read the little blurbs in the Krause about this territory. Man was it tough to find German East Africa in the 19th century Krause. I thought they left it out until I read the blurb about it in the 20th century edition about Tanganyika. Sure enough it was in where Tanganyika would be but still under German East Africa. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    .....GOD

• Options
    Bill, congrats on a very sharp looking coin. I like the lion.image
    Joe