Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I may be loosing it

I actually asked NGC about the possibilty of them putting my Goetz 5 piece Ludwig III set in one of their New Multi Coin holders. image

They said no not now but they eventually may offer it.
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Then what if you wanted to crack it out?image

What would it cost, anyway? The same as a normal slab? Or as much as if you were slabbing everything individually?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to my wife, I lost it years ago. image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Your 1902 UK Eddie the 7th gold 4 coin matte proof set would be a great candidate for an NGC multi-coin holder. MOO
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    The cost is the amount of coins x $11 (minimum economy service).

I wonder why they've said no to Bill. They still haven't sent me two sets from Cyprus that I've submitted in Baltimore (last August image).
    The first set included two coins that were flower-shaped (good luck with slabbing them) ,the second had an octagonal little coin.I can only guess that they're still debating on what to do,since they've already charged the grading fees.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    trouzau another great idea!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill,

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with trozau; your Eddie's set is so beautifully displayed that it would ruin it. How many Eddie VII sets have you seen with all the denominations (model half-farthings,third farthings etc) and the medals and in such a superb condition?

I've seen none,except yours.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to agree with Dimitri.

I also think you are taking away history when removing Patterns from their presentation box. If the set is original and in its original box of presentation then you have a piece of beauty AND history.

But, to each their own....
  • Options
    S I noticed in the picture that the spaces for the coin do not seam that deep. Can they easily move around inside the box?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    cos, even PCGS is getting into multi-holders.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Just ordered one of these for the set:

Bill

09/07/2006