Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2003 Proof Lincoln? Faded/Vanishing 3

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello All,

Do all the pennies in the 2003 Silver set have the "vanishing" 3? Just bought my first 2 Silver sets and they both have this so-called penny in them. Thanks!

Chrisimage

Comments

  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I think the rare one will be the one with the 3...david hall had a pr70dcam that had no 3...LOL

    oxymoron there
    and all mine are no 3's
    image

    Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this on eBay this morning and it sickened me. The price, the grade, the designation.....all of it sickened me.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2203593094&category=524
  • Options
    I mis marketed my 2003 proof set on eBay. I didn't claim I have an exceedingly scarce mint error image I have seen this on all the 2003 proof sets I've looked at, both silver and clad. The 3 is all there. It appears to lack frost on part of it so it is easy to take a photo that makes it look like there is no 3.

    Whoever is bidding over $60 will be sorry. The only possible good outcome of that auction is if the reserve is never met. Sigh.
  • Options
    They are EVERYWHERE I tell ya! Dave
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl-

    I agree. I hope the seller's reserve is not met.

    The seller may be making a mistake by having such a high reserve. If he made it reasonable, say $30.00 or so, he could make a fortune.

    Richard.
  • Options
    I have seen this trend going on a lot, and I have a roll of proof lincoln with, and a roll without, I bought them both from a dealer in town. i paid $20.00 more for the no 3 roll, hoping and praying, otherwise, I have 2 rolls of lincolns to sell.
    if you got franklins, i'm interested
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570 ✭

    I sold my PCGS PR69DCAM "no 3" Lincoln cent for $9.99

    When it was listed some one emailed me asking if there was a 3. I had to get the coin out and look and sure enough it was there. It just doesn't show up in the picture

    image
    image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price this sold for in my above link is quite rediculous.
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna start submitting to SGS. image
    National Register Of Big Trees

    We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    CoinGuy42CoinGuy42 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    The first batch of 2003 silver proof sets I purchased had the "fading" 3. The second batch I purchased all have the 3 very clear.
  • Options
    My silver mint set has a regular "3". In fact, it sounds like I have the rarest form, lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file