Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just picked up another Max Mehl numismatic item!

Just got a Mehl auction catalogue from June 23, 1936 -- The Morse, Faelten and Todd Collection Auction, with prices realized.

If anyone has any coins they want checked, just let me know and I'll list them. I'm not sure if there were any noteworthy pieces in this sale, but the prices sure are amusing.

For example:

1873-1883 Complete Set of Proof Trade Dollars -- 11 pieces total ---------- Realized Price $42.90

National Coin Album ------------------------------------------------------------------- Realized Price $5.00

I couldn't afford to buy the Proof Trade Dollars today so I picked this up instead. Not a bad price when you think of the percentage increase compared to that proof Trade Dollars!

This should be an interesting as well Mehl Commem Guide

Michael

Comments

  • Options
    I have this Commemorative Guide that I aquired some years ago also Michael and I have seen one sell for $50.00 so you got a nice piece of history there.
    Mehls comments are fun to read and he also adds in the comments from other sources on the new commemorative coins such as newspapers the Numismatist etc. Enjoy!
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options


    << <i>1873-1883 Complete Set of Proof Trade Dollars -- 11 pieces total ---------- Realized Price $42.90 >>



    I would say this is tradedollarnut's fantasy. $3.75 each, WOW!
  • Options
    Pretty cool stuff.

    Ahhhh...to go back in time!
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭
    Congradulations. This is an excellent piece of numismatic history. I have always been fascinated by Max Mehl's marketing tactics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file