Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grading times....If you think PCGS is slow....Read on..

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello All,

I send all my modern nickels to ANACS because they grade exact step counts. Well I sent an order in God know when and finally got around to calling them today. I sent 10+ coins to them using the Modern special rate at that time. They rec'd my MODERN submission on 9/2/03. The nice lady told me maybe 1-2 more weeks, but no assurances that this will happen. So I figure I will get them around X-mas hopefully. 70+ days on a modern submission and counting!! Just when you think things are bad around here......It could be worse, my moderns may be classics by the time I get them back.image

Chris

Comments

  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    ANACS has always been very slow on economy orders. When I send it ANACS I use the $15/5 day service. Works great.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For modern nickels, $7 a shot is unbeatable!! Nickels are not my forte!! So I will wait, and wait and wait.......

    Chris
  • Options
    I just got my economy submission results yesterday, PCGS received them October 20th, only 23 days!!

    Paul
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANACS economy really is unacceptably slow these days. While there are some coins that only warrant the low fees they charge I now finding myself avoiding such coins because of the long wait times.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    I have a modern submission that has been at PCGS since 15 Sep. Still no grades. A week ago, customer service told me they would put it on their rush list. Doesn't appear to be much of a rush.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file