Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

penny planchet 03 roll

I just opened a roll of 03 pennies and I found a planchet thats totally blank , Is it woth anything.

Comments

  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Actually, no. Since it was not struck in to a coin, it is not legal tender. It is worth only bullion value, which is significantly less than one centimage




    Yes, it is worth more than a struck coin, I just don't know how much.

    Tom
    Tom

  • Options
    Cool find. Someone might give you a dollar or two for it. I bought one for around that price.

    Were the rims upset- did they slightly "curve up" at the edge of the coin?
  • Options
    yes the rims were upset
  • Options
    Nice find! it's my understanding if the rim is raised it's worth slightly more.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally worth about a buck or so, though somebody else may be able to quote a more specific price. Nice find. My wife found two or maybe 3 in a roll of new cents, back in 2000 or '01.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file