Options
Twin Cities coin shops
Does anyone in the Twin Cities area know of some good coin stores? I collect early Lincolns and Indian Heads so I would appreciate any info on who might have a good selection of better grade stuff.
0
Comments
ANA LM5200
ANA LM5200
First POTD 9/19/05!!
nccoin...please turn on your PM function. And welcome to the forum!
RELLA
who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
twenty times.
I grew up in the twin cities, and there used to be a dozen coin shops. Been living up in Duluth that past 8 years; and when my Dad and I got together to go to all the old coin shops we used to, most of them are closed. There is hardly any coin shops left in the twin cities.
You said you live north of the cities. There is a good shop up in St. Cloud, if you want to zip of there. Can't remember the name off-hand, but it is on the main hwy/road as you go through town. Nice guy, and really a neat, well-orgnaized shop.
-William
The internet has really hurt brick & mortar coin shops.
In some ways, things have gotton better as dealers all over the country have to compete for our buisness and we can compete on an equal footing at auctions. While I miss flipping the display case at the local coin shop, I do not miss the overgraded junk that was in them much of the time or not having competetive pricing when good things came in.
I still haven't checked out the shop someone here told me about in the skyway near the Baker building, what was the name of that place again ?
Les
I've not found anything noteworthy with regard to Lincolns (since that's all I collect) in the metro area. I visited Gary Adkins a few years back, but they really don't do much small cent business. He was located just off 169 south of crosstown (62). Not sure if he still has a shop. Best of luck, and if you do find any dealer with nice Lincolns PM me.
Dave Steckling....or close to that name (I know his first name is Dave) at Gold and Silver Rare Coins right on 23 is who you are talking about I think. He used to have a shop downtown and I spent quite a bit of time there back in the mid-80s. I just saw him at the St. Louis Silver Dollar show. I'm not sure about him having high grade small cents as I didn't have any interest in copper back in those days and I don't recall whether or not he had anything like that at the show.
RELLA
who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
twenty times.