Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

10 reasons why a self-respecting collector should avoid So-Called Dollars. Updated with some new pic

2»

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showoff............
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ahhh. Bach. >>

Bach at one.
    Offenbach at one thirty.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>one thing i like about their book is that the authors explain the criteria for inclusion in the reference which limits size and theme. >>

My understanding is that the limits placed on SCDs included in the original HK was not meant to limit was was considered a SCD but used to make the book manageable. When I read the intro, my feeling was that they considered many other medals and tokens to be SCDs outside of what they chose to include in their book due to size constraints.

For me, there's really nothing magical about having or not having a HK number. SCDs aren't limited to what has an HK number for me.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt just for gecko.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    You were in jest?????

I was just getting ready to

trade my SCDs in for jelly donuts.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭