Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

better idea for giving away wheat cents

Dumping wheat cents in Coinstar is a good idea but I have a better one. Find a local chapter of Cub Scouts and donate them and 10 or so coin boards and maybe we will have some new collectors. I have actually done this several times. I give away a few Darkside coins too. They LOVE it!

Comments

  • Options
    That's a good idea...get 'em when they're young!
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732 ✭
    I moderate a coin club at my church for YNs. I've given out numerous coins to the kids. Their favorite activity is auctioning. Sometimes I auction off some of my own stuff, sometimes they auction off theirs. We have a viewing first, and I never let them bid more than $2 on any item. All of it's junk silver and other well-circulated change.

    We ARE watching you.

    image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
    1957joe,

    That's a great idea.

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file