Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just put a 1000 wheaties into circulation

Just for the heck of it. Took a handful of rolls to the coinstar machine.

Hopefully some folks will have fun finding them.

We ARE watching you.

image

Comments

  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    Thats pretty cool of you... This type of thing can lure more new collectors to this great hobby....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    For a period, I ran a coffee shop. I kept some old coins in the register to give out "special" customersimage




    It was stuff like worn-out steel and Indian cents.
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732 ✭
    I also hand out circulated IHCs from time to time, but I give them directly to cashiers - especially cute ones.

    We ARE watching you.

    image
  • Options
    That is a great idea!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
    Good for you (and everyone else)!

    imageimageimage
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    I'm going to drop an ASE in the tips jar at the company coffee bar.
    When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,544 ✭✭
    do you know how long it would take to pull that many wheaties out of cirulation.
    image


    I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

    Always looking for nice type coins

    my local dealer
  • Options
    i question the time it will take for people to find it. im not the only one thta thinks coin star people go throught their coins. the best way to dispurse coins is by cashier. thats how i got my 1923 nickel. and i find it much more special than if it was from a roll. yet id take it from a roll just the same. i think person to person contact with old coins is sepcial like the old lady who gave me the 1923 told me her husband gave it to her when they got whenthey got married or soemthing she was married to him for like 50 something years. it was his or her birth year . i forget i just know it was special to get it and it really felt like a coin being passed though the generations.
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file