Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

JamminJ, you're a kook! (...Oops, I mean, you WON a kook!)

Comments

• Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Hi LordM,

I already put a "thank you" in the original thread, but thanks again!

By the way, what's with all the name calling in the forum tonight? First Shiroh call me a "weirdo" and now LordM calls me a "kook." And it used to be so friendly here!image

-JamminJ
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I musta missed the "weirdo" thing.

You can call him Greentube- I'm sure he'll love that- that's one they stuck on 'im over on the Open Forum. I believe it's a reference to his snaky green icon. Sounds like a TJ invention. (The same guy who came up with "LordMinivan" for me).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I'll bet you could sell that on eBay as:

"AMAZING COIN FROM THE FUTURE L@@K"

and make a killing! It is dated 2004!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Congarats!

• Options
    I've still got more than a dozen of 'em left...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Yes, they don't seem to be flying off theshelves.
  • Options
    I'm surprised, actually. I have them in my case at the mall and have yet to sell one. They sure do blow away their Lightside counterparts, and what I didn't know until I got 'em was that they come in a little AirTite-like holder (which probably isn't airtight, but is nice, nonetheles.)

Now, here is the stupid question of the week- are these things proofs or UNC's, technically? Everything about their appearance screams "proof", but I have usually heard them described as UNC's. That reverse-cameo effect (frosty fields and brilliant, mirrored devices, instead of the other way around) is a novelty.

• Options
    The Kooks are gem brilliant uncirculated with a gorgeous "reverse-proof" finish. The background is frosted while the images have a mirror finish which is exactly the opposite of U.S. proof coins. While technically "uncirculated" coins, they are often mistaken for proof coins since they look like proofs. The Perth Mint does an excellent job with these. They also produce an actual Proof Version with a mintage of only 5,000 but these are significantly more expensive than the uncirculated bullion version which typically sells in the $10-$15 range per ounce.

My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
    Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!
  • Options
    Thanks. That's what I thought. I agree- they do a splendid job on those things.

• Options
    The 2004 Maple Leafs seem to be selling quite well by contrast. Must be the new effigy.
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Hi LordM,

Just wanted to let you know the kook showed up at my place today, thanks again for the giveaway!image

It was accompnanied by the impecably pedigreed Bavarain Thaler, another deal gone well between you and I.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Glad to hear it. I guess that means you also got the Litesi-

(Whoops, forgot I was sworn to secrecy on that one, LOL) imageimage

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>impecably pedigreed Bavarain Thaler >>

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don