Home Q & A Forum
Options

Submission Priorities

Mr Hall,
I've noticed some submission at the same service level grade much quicker than others. For example, multiple people have posted modern submissions that arrived later and graded sooner than mine. Were there's moved higher in the queue for a reason, such as frequency of submitting, number of coins, etc?

p.s. My modern submission arrived 15 Sep and is not done as of 11 Nov. Number 9012511.
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Brian,

They are several reasons why an order may be done "early" or "late." We try to process everything in the order we receive them, but sometimes it just doesn't work that way.

Things that can slow an order down...

1. You may have submitted the coins incorrectly. This definitely slows the order down as the processing staff has to correct the mistakes...sometimes they even have to contact you.
    2. There may be a coin that needs discussion with the graders...perhaps it's an important CA/DCAM liner.
    3. There may be a designation problem. We call these "investigates" and they slow the order down.

Things that speed an order up...
    1. Everything is written up correctly. The order flys thru the grading room.
    2. We make a big effeort to grade a certain service line, such as the graders saying, "Economy is piling up, let's all grade nothing but economy today."
    3. Your order just happens to get place on a tray with slightly older orders and the tray is problem free and flys thru the room.

David