You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    "Uncirculated in mint condition
    Individually presented in plastic bags.
    A nice gift or possible investment"

Churchill Crown + PVC = solid investment.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, still 48 minutes left. You have time to bid. image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Are the value of plastic bags about to go up?
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that!! Hurry, hurry! Time's running out!

I think the Dead King's looking for these investment vehicles, so I don't want to step on his feet.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Well in all fairness, they do call car purchases "investments." I expect they would perform at least as well.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    If there were only an equivalent of a Churchill Crown Boss Mustang, or a Churchill Crown 63 Stingray Corvette, or a Churchill Crown Hemi Cuda....

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hemi Cuda >>

?? Hey, I thought about naming my firstborn son that. Good name for an NFL Linebacker, eh? image
  • Options
    Here's a photo headline from the Sports page:

Hemi Cuda strips QB Dana Gears!

Now, I hope I've done my part to hijack this silly Winston thread!!! imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    How about "Furry Crofter"??

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    "....but his 9-inch was ripped to shreds by being over-torqued..."

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options

<< <i>How about "Furry Crofter"?? >>

That's a girl's name! Harry Crofter would be more appropriate! image
  • Options

<< <i>"....but his 9-inch was ripped to shreds by being over-torqued..." >>

Precisely! image

When young Cuda gave Dana a big smack he was shredded!! image

Edited: And if TWODOGS owned QB Gears, he'd just trade him at the AUTOZONE.... image
  • Options
    I don't think I could give my daughter that kind of name; imagine the reputation she'd get!image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    So what position was he playing when he got his 9-inch torqued?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor Winston... To this day, I believe that he is the only Prime Minister that has ever been featured on a English coin and even to this day, The coin has not been accepted and most collectors shun the coin as if it where inferior... Have you no shame? Has the Roosevelt Dime been subject to the same issues? I don't think so.

PS. There are still some Woody Hayes commemorative Crowns available at the low price of....imageimage

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Has the Roosevelt Dime been subject to the same issues?

It should be, it should be.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah hum! mouse and jester, this thread is about the investment potential of the Churchill Crown. Please cease with this amateur hijack attempt.

wybrit, you also.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Shush up, Bingo!! image
  • Options
    The mushroom is one to talk.imageimage

And Wybrit's absolutely right (for once). The FDR dime is a disgusting blight on Lightside coinage.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    In all seriousness (he said laughinglyimage), does anyone (of our esteemed members with these investment quality holdings) have about 5 of these they would sell? I have a project in mind and need more of these to get started. Here is one of my past "projects". It's owner gets a good laugh every time he looks at it. I have better paint and brushes now and am ready to create heirloom Winstons.
    Joe
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

The US equivalent of the Churchill crown!

Sorry, I sent 20 of those wretched things back to the bank a few months ago. The bank personnel took a long hard look at them before I got my 20-spot.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    It seemed the best use for a bunch of Ike's sitting in tubes here. image I figure Winston will be a masterpiece.
    Joe
  • Options
    Let's just say that you couldn't make it any uglier.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    I have plans for dear Winston...now who has 5 Churchies to sell?
    Joe
  • Options
    Or better yet, make it 6 to 8. Will anyone admit to owning this many? PM me privately if needed.image
    Joe
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mongoose:

Love the Art Work but shouldn't the moon be the color of some type of cheese? At least cheese that hasn't developed mold?imageimage

LOL

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    I was limited in color choice and paint quality the last time I sat down to play. I now have some good paint that is designed specifically for metals, and in a full palette.
    Joe
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I don't have any Churchill crowns, I just can't afford such a rare and sought after coin.

It was the last of the old Five Shilling Crowns and the only British coin with the bust of a commoner, that has to be worth something (I guess about a buck).

Love that "hobo Ike" Joe!!!!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Not a bad job on that Ike!