Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I've got the blues!!

or at least George does!! image
imageimage

I have never seen such flag detail on one of these before. You can even see the horizonal stripes in the fields!! image

That be scanner dust, or cosmicdebris on the obverse. image
Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    It's amazing how certain colors really help bring out the detail! Recent acquisition?image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    That's a beauty! I love toned coppers.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    Zowie!!!
    Shep
  • Options
    It's one from Eaglecoin that I won last week, I got '51 and '37 1/2d proofs and an UNC 1890 1/2d. All excellent coins. image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    Cool colors!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Just like BB King! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Got the blues just like Leadbelly!

Great coin!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I dont want to spoil anything here, but sometimes the blue colour can mean that the coin was cleaned in windex or something like that. One time I tested some pennies with all of my household cleaning products.image
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    Windex!! Why didn't I think of that!! Thanks. image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Now I've got the blues too! That's a wonderful coin!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    "He wore blue velvet . . . . . " and not the least unbecoming a Monarch!! image

. . . . unless you're Prince Charles!!! image
  • Options
    Really nice flag's details, Spinaker! Now you can rename that ship from "Golden Hind" to the ..."Blue Hind"!image
    N. N.
  • Options
    Shipcoin: Do you know what ship is on the South Africa 1d and 1/2d's??? I don't.
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    Vewy purty coin.......... image
  • Options
    Yup, them is the blues alright! You can send it East if you need a break.image
    Joe
  • Options
    Spinaker! As for South African coins you have asked me, I only know (from one serious book devoted to coins with ships and boats) that the type of sailing ship that depicted on these coins is "Frigate", but ufortunatelly I don't know what is his name, means what historically known ship was a prototype of that picture.

As for for your "Blue" coin it is Sir F. Drake's Galleon "Golden Hind" and you can see it in London (on Thames river, they made there a ship-museum.)
    N. N.