Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

GOETZ: Opus 441 New Today

The mailman brought this to me today!! image

Opus 441: MARTIN LUTHER, COBURG. 1930, Cast AE, 110mm. RARE. To commemorate the stay of Martin Luther in the citadel Coburg under the protection of John, The Steadfast, from April to October 1530, 400th Anniversary. Inscription on Reverse “I shall not die, but live.” Above coat-of-arms VESTE COBURG (Coburg citadel). Obverse busts of Luther and John the Steadfast. RARE in large cast bronze but also struck in 36mm and 60mm in silver and 36mm in gold.

Comments

• Options
    Another great piece of art!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ooooooooh!!! image

tres cool! <--- Franglish spoken here... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    Beautiful as always!!
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Quite rare indeed!! You'd have thought that such a popular subject would have resulted in higher sales.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Another notch in your beltimage
    Shep
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I like it! Also, Coburg is another interesting castle!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22