Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

which rev is this on a CA 1952 $ ??

Thanks!
Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Are you asking if this is an Arnprior Dollar? I think you'll need closeups of the right side of the canoe.

...not that I'm any kind of expert or anything...

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • no idea Jester, I'm not even sure how to correctly count the water lines. image What is the Arnprior rev anyway??
    Terry

eBay Store

that's the best I can get, what am I looking for??
    Terry

eBay Store

Apparantly "Arnprior" applies most correctly to 1955 Dollars, when 2000 dollars were minted for a firm in Arnprior, Ontario. These dollars are known to have 2 1/2 water lines, instead of the normal 4, due to excessive polishing of the dies. Today, the term Arnprior also applies to the 1950 and 1951 dollars, where 2 1/2 lines are seen instead of 4.

The 1952 dollar doesn't exhibit the Arnprior pattern, but instead there was another variety minted which had a modified island to the right of the canoe, along with NO waterlines. This variety was deliberately created, not accidently like the Arnpriors. The no lines variety is worth slightly more than the regular reverse.

Info courtesy of my new Charlton book.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
    To my untrained eye, it looks like you have the no water lines variety, which is listed as being worth $20 CND in MS-60, $45 in MS-63, $125 in MS-64, and $300 in MS-65 (2002 edition of Charlton).

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• I meant to buy that book at the show yesterday!! image Thanks for the enfo. image
    Terry

eBay Store

My pleasure. I hope I didn't lead you astray!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD