Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is it safe to get coins from the UK?

Last I heard there is a Postal strike in the UK. Should I hold off buying coins from there? Lloyd?

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    I had two items come in from the UK this last week. I didn't notice any delay. I do have another half dozen items en route...we'll see how that goes.

Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.
  • Options
    The strikes have finished. Only parts of the UK were effected. I have a couple of items from the US that seem to have been caught in the net but most have come through fine.
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    All coins I have purchased from the UK of late have arrived in good time.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Safe? They may be encrusted with mad cow spittle.....be careful, laddie. Dip in a strong bleach and sulfuric acid solution first, and then burn in a hot fire!! That'll disinfect them and give 'em a nice black finish, too!! imageimage
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    It is not safe at all Don. You should not have any British coins in your home. If you do, the only safe thing would be to wrap them in plastic, put them in a box and send them to me. I am willing to confront the danger!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    A few days ago I have received coins (by swap with another collector) from Gr. Britain without any problem, taking into account that he sent them during postal strike in England. He tell me that this postal strike doesn't affect the international post, only local. It takes as usual for Europe (from Europe to Israel) a week as usual.
    N. N.
  • Options
    I'll let you know I am waiting for an order that went out Monday. I hope it shows up early next week.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I have a few on the way from Lloyd, so i'll let you know how soon they arrive. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    I just sniped a set of coins from a guy in the UK. I'm hoping they get here with the usual alacrity I have experienced image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    I had an order confirmed 12 days ago, but it hasn't arrived yet. Usually the coins are in the door within a week of confirmation.
    Joe