Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

NPN outcomes - please post yours to this thread

1 NPN response today

2003-04 Fleer Focus basketball
unlimited requests can be sent in, drawings are being done on a rolling basis (still time to send in)

received
Home & Away #12, Latrell Sprewell (440/500)

note: Fleer did a very risky packaging job. The card was loose inside 2 folded sheets of paper in their envelope (which didn't say Fleer on the outside, but said Customer Service Center, probably so postmen won't realize what it is and steal it). Thankfully, it was not creased, and since it is die-cut with rounded corners, was not noticeably the worse for wear.

Nick
Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

Comments

• Options
    You got it for free... be happy :-p
  • Options
    How many did you send in for that product?
    Looking for video games for xbox 360 & Nintendo Wii.

Collecting any players from the University of Hawaii.

Ref:

Raf12, Pugsly8422, TopofOhio, Haliguy, NBAsteve, Dewb1999, Derrick, Tedcollectshaq, JRCCRUM, MoTaylor23, Patsfan925, Robdemakis, SHOELESSJOE, Reddard
  • Options
    Nice card for .37. I also don't really like the chance that Fleer takes with shipping the cards. I've received one from Fleer Avant baseball, and like yours, was in good condition, yet could have easily been creased.

-Mike
    60+ sucessful trades on here.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Playmaker - I sent in 3 or 4, on different days. Overall odds of winning are 11:48.

euphoria - I am happy. I do feel that people would like to know how the card companies ship cards out. Would you appreciate knowing that expensive redemption items were shipped in that fashion if you were thinking of buying a redemption card?

TrFst - what did you get from Avant?

Nick

[edited for typos]
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    But... you are talking about 2 different things. A redemption is different than a NPN. Just because they didnt put a free card they were giving away in a top loader, or didnt protect it in any way, doesnt mean they would do the same with a redemption card. With that said, i have recently received 3 redemptions from fleer recently and they were all well protected... with a padded mailer, hard case, with the fake GU card things, with the redemptions inside of that.
  • Options
    2003 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Bryan Bruney RC #d/190

Nice success. Received on November 3rd
    Looking to trade for:
    Rex Grossman Auto's & low #d!
    Jeremy Reed (any)
    Robert Valido
    E-Mail me to sell or trade cards at toshiba12@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    My Web Site (Lots of Scans)
    Make $25-$50 A Month Taking Surveys
  • Options

2003 Topps Pristine Greg Maddux 3 Color Patch Uncirculated Refractor Serial #'d 08/10

received in about 3 weeks
  • Options

<< <i>2003 Topps Pristine Greg Maddux 3 Color Patch Uncirculated Refractor Serial #'d 08/10

received in about 3 weeks >>

Dude that is a awesome card there!
    Judgement

Ebay Auctions

Refs-BaljitGill, Metros69, VCKid15,Speedmaster, Kornboy123, nascar20

BAD TRADER!: phillyfan!!!!

Always looking for Autos & GU's of Dirk Nowitzki and 03-04 Fleer Showcase Sweet Sigs
  • Options
    Doesn't anyone wonder why these serial numbered cards aren't in packs that collectors buy?
  • Options
    chipper u got that from a NPN?
  • Options
    1 success and 1 sort-of success today.

Fleer Authentix sent a David West rookie card (0339/1250).

Fleer Focus sent a base card (Eric Snow) - and it wasn't a mistake - the accompanying letter said I had been selected to receive a base card. That's certainly better than nothing.

Both of these drawings are conducted on a rolling basis (still time to send in).

Fleer packaged them the same way as before. Both cards arrived undamaged.

Anyone else have good news to report?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    what is an NPN? what's the deal here?

any info would be appreciated.
    I have 31/34 2001 Albert Pujols Autograph Rookie Cards = 91.18%...

refs: puglsey, rainman, ejones06, magic1fan
  • Options
    NPN means No Purchase Necessary. Most card companies now give addresses where you can send your name and address in to attempt to get insert cards for just the cost of your letter. The address for each product is given on the back of the pack normally. Available cards range from cheap inserts to Hall of Famer autographs.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    I have 18 envelopes ready to send, will go in the mail tomorrow. Will post winnings as they arrive

Erik
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
  • Options

<< <i>Topps No Purchase Necessary >>

thats an awesome site, thnx for sharing it with us beckett! image

Chris

REFS: cardnyou, TrFstPtch, Itsjustme, Judgement, QyntelWoods24, RANDYMOSS84, Viking, netfan5, kobefan

My Card Trading Site CLICK HERE
  • Options
    anyone ever get a realy nice card from one of these NPN?
  • Options

<< <i>anyone ever get a realy nice card from one of these NPN? >>

02-03 Topps Jersey Edition BKB Caron Butler Black /99
    2002 (I think) Topps Tribute Roger Maris bat relic
    2002 Topps Heritage Tim Couch GJ /999

plus a few more GU, AU, and #'d cards I don't remember at the moment, but anyways, yes you can get some GOOD stuff from NPN image
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    daaaaaaaaaaamn i gotta try this
  • Options
    Got this back today:

2003 Fleer Avant Sammy Sosa #17 Base Card
    Judgement

Ebay Auctions

Always looking for Autos & GU's of Dirk Nowitzki and 03-04 Fleer Showcase Sweet Sigs
  • Options
    4 NPN responses today:
    1 from Fleer Focus - base card (Chris Webber)
    3 from Fleer Authentix - base card (Carlos Boozer), Allen Iverson Courtside Classics insert, and Alonzo Mourning Autographed Game Jersey Authentix Championship (02/25).
    Let's just say I'm very happy. image

Nick

BTW, others have posted their NPN successes in other threads, including a rookie parallel #ed of 25 of Nick Collison from Fleer Focus, a Caron Butler insert #ed of 500, and a Reece gaines rookie #ed of 1250.
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Cool Mourning. I sent off a npn topps pristine baseball last week so maybe I'll get something nice back.image
    Looking for:Frank Thomas Cards, and Steve McNair and Eddie George Auto's

refs: samsgirl214, Allen, ajbry
  • Options
    damn an auto /25 for 37 cents????? why dont they insert these into packs?
  • Options

ZO auto jersey #'d/25!!! wow nickm you are so lucky
  • Options
    3 NPN responses from Fleer today

2 from Fleer Tradition basketball - Kirk Hinrich PlayGround Rules insert and Eddie Griffin base card.
    1 from Fleer Avant baseball - Pat Burrell Black Parallel (#/199)
    They didn't put any of these in a sleeve or toploader.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    How are you going to gripe about packaging of cards that were free? That cost the COMPANY money to send to you, you didn't do anything for that company at all. And when you receive free cards you say they did a "risky" packaging job. You should be thankful you even got something.
    My Kareem Rush Want/Need List
    http://www.freewebs.com/rush21

Collecting Hakeem Olajuwon and Matt Barnes
    http://www.freewebs.com/chrisorsburn

Collecting Jason Terry Autos
    http://www.freewebs.com/terryauto

My Tradelist
    http://groups.msn.com/ChrisPicSite
  • Options
    olajuwon - the company is doing this because they think it's good for their business (i.e., it gets people to buy more of their cards, and it allows them to build up a database of people who collect their products). I don't think it's asking too much for them to put cards in a toploader. They do already with some cards, but not others. Even if they don't want to put base cards in toploaders, why risk damaging a valuable insert or parallel card that way?

I received 1 NPN response today - a Dontrelle Willis Black parallel card (142/199) from Fleer Avant MLB. BTW, it was loose in the envelope.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Topps hockey and Topps Total football NPNs are coming in.
    Sent out 4 on each (1 per address, 4 different addresses and names). So far, 1 from Topps Total (Brett Favre Total Production insert) and 2 from Topps hockey (Nicklas Lidstrom International Idols insert and Alexander Svitov Blue parallel #/500). However, I haven't checked 1 of the addresses yet, and mail hasn't come in at 2 of the others today.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    4 NPN responses today
    1 from Topps hockey - USA Idols David Legwand insert
    3 from Fleer E-X basketball - Kwame Brown base card, David West rookie (SP, but not #ed), and Latrell Sprewell Essential Credentials Now 09/90.
    The Sprewell was in a toploader. The other Fleer cards were loose (although E-X is almost indestructible, so it's not much of a problem). Interestingly, the sheet accompanying each card said I had received a base card.

Topps puts its redemptions into penny sleeves, and then into small manila envelopes (just large enough for the card), and then into bubble mailers.

I have been told that at least 1 Topps envelope came in at the address I haven't been able to check yet. So far, of the 3 I have been able to check, 1 has gotten a Topps Total football card, and all 3 have gotten Topps hockey cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Received the following today:

2003/04 Topps Hockey Scott Gomez USA Idols Insert.

I also received a Marvin Harrison Pro Bowl Jersey card from 2003 Topps Football a couple of week ago.

john
  • Options
    Got a Stephon Marbury E-X 03-04 Base Card today, never get anything good from E-X image
    Judgement

Ebay Auctions

• Options
    I checked the address I hadn't been able to check before. There were 2 NPN responses waiting for me there: a Blue parallel #/500 Pavol Demitra from Topps hockey, and a Jim Abbott autographed card from Topps Tribute Retired Signature Edition. image
    That means I'm 4 for 4 on Topps hockey, and 1 for 4 so far on Topps Total football and Topps Tribute Retired Sig. Ed. baseball.

BTW, I looked at the Sprewell again. It's 06/60, not 09/90. I was looking at it upside down before. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    2 NPN responses today
    E-X basketball - Steve Nash base card
    Fleer Tradition Update baseball - Rich Harden Diamond Debuts insert

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    7 NPN responses on Tuesday

2 from E-X baseball - Oswalt and Vizquel base cards
    3 from Mystique football - Favre, McNabb, and Garcia base cards
    2 from Tradition Update baseball - Glossy (66/100) Luis Ugueto and Glossy (68/100) Damian Rolls

The envelope on the Vizquel was not sealed - I don't know how the card didn't slide out. image

The Glossy cards were in penny sleeves in toploaders. The others were loose in the envelope.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    I sent away like 6 Fleer E-X NPN's and have only recieved 2, about how long does it take to get all of them?
    Judgement

Ebay Auctions

• Options
    Fleer NPN's usually take about 4-8 weeks.
    Looking to trade for:
    Rex Grossman Auto's & low #d!
    Jeremy Reed (any)
    Robert Valido
    E-Mail me to sell or trade cards at toshiba12@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    My Web Site (Lots of Scans)
    Make $25-$50 A Month Taking Surveys
  • Options
    were do you guys find out about all these npn's?
    my trade site
    refs:
    chayne2
    threebearfan
    cardnyou
    baljitgill
    lilgotz1
    qtisco
    co1lector
  • Options
    2 Fleer base cards (Eric Byrnes from E-X baseball and Gordan Giricek from Authentix basketball) came back in the last 2 weeks.

Bigger news is that batches of Topps cards are starting to hit.
    I received Bowman's Best FB Blue Michael Vick #/499 and Topps Chrome FB Black Refractor Frank Wycheck #/599 yesterday at one address, and Topps Pristine BB Bomb Squad Jersey Magglio Ordonez at another address today. There is apparently a hockey jersey card waiting for me at a third address.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Last Friday I received a Topps pristine bomb squad bat card of jason giambi.image
    Looking for:Frank Thomas Cards, and Steve McNair and Eddie George Auto's

refs: samsgirl214, Allen, ajbry
  • Options
    I got a fabulous Topps Pristine BB NPN response at another address yesterday, no thanks to the Post Office. The idiot mailman didn't have the brains to open the inner lid on a dual-lid box, and instead shoved the mail between the back of the inner lid and the back of the box, and then closed the outer lid, bending all the mail in half - including the NPN envelope. The card was severely bent, but may be able to be pressed back into shape undamaged due to what it was - a Cyan Press Plate of #153 (Jason Perry uncommon rookie). It's actually metal rather than a cardboard stock, and was not creased, just bent. It's right now sitting under a pile of about 20 lb. of books, and I'm hoping it will flatten out nicely.
    Press plates are issued in 4 colors for each card, and each one can be called a 1/1.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    It wasn't a hockey jersey card that was waiting for me; it was Bowman's Best FB Musa Smith jersey rookie. I received Bowman's Best FB NPN responses at the other 2 addresses today - Carson Palmer jersey rookie and Jimmy Kennedy rookie blue parallel #/499.

That puts me at 1 for 4 on Topps Chrome FB so far, 2 for 4 on Topps Pristine BB so far, and 4 for 4 on Bowman's Best FB.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Make that 3 for 4 on Topps Pristine BB (received a Mini Ryan Shealy) and 2 for 4 on Topps Chrome FB (received a Record Breakers Peyton Manning insert).

Nick

[edited for typo]
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    The way I see it Baseball Topps Pristine and Footballs Bowmans Best is the best one's to send in for!
    Judgement

Ebay Auctions

• Options
    I sent my 18 envelopes in to various companies (mentioned above) a few weeks ago, and so far have recieved this

--Topps Pristine Baseball Pristine Corners Jason Giambi/Robin Ventura dual bat card

Sweet looking card, but i already gave it to a Giambi collector on TR

Erik
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
  • Options
    1 success today

2003 Fleer Tradition Update MLB Pedro Martinez Milestones jersey card

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Make it 3 for 4 on Topps Chrome FB - an address I hadn't checked in a while had a Jamal Lewis black refractor #/599.

I also got my first response from Playoff - a Ken Griffey Jr. bronze #085/100 from Playoff Portraits.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    3 NPN responses today (all MLB):

Fleer Avant Jim Thome base card
    Fleer Mystique Jason Giambi base card
    Fleer Mystique Awe Pairs Gold Derek Jeter/Alfonso Soriano #75/101

Nick

[edited to correct description of one card]
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Received my first NPN ever. I sent it in on 9/22/03 and received a Playoff Portaits 2003 Marlon Byrd of the Phillies. Card is signed and numbered 3/25. I had given up on these. Pretty cool.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    Playoff Portraits gives very nice stuff (although their design of putting the game-used pieces on the back of the card is poor IMO).

I received a Materials Silver Mike Piazza jersey #05/50 today from Portraits BB.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    My second ever NPN: Topps Signature Moves - Jose Reyes.

NPN sent in on 11/3/03 to Topps Traded and Rookies.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better