Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1849 Haiti 6 centimes

I have not seen one of these on eBay. Any idea what it's worth?
Thank you for your help.

You might have to click once or twice to see them, don't know why.

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I'm fascinated by Haiti's coinage. I don't know why. Perhaps because it seems to exude the aura of being used to death--true working currency. Real money, not museum money.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    The reverse looks a little like the obverse of this piece from the Roman Republic in 1799. It's interesting to see the fasces used by so many countries; of course it had something about the authority of law I think. Same thing on the reverse of American dimes.

Cool coin, are you going after it? I have no idea what something like that is worth. Jester's right, not much of it seems to have survived at better than very fine or so.
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    I own the coin and I plan on selling it along with an 1863 Haiti 10 centimes in at least very fine condition. The 10 cent is also cool, it's smaller but it has a couple of cannons on it!
    I just need to find out a little more about them so I can list them on eBay.