Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Huh?

Is this a bad joke, or the future of world coins?
Roy

Comments

• Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    I LIKE it!
  • Options
    egads! I hope this is just a fad and not a trend for the future!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda like it a little, myself...

Mind you, I would only collect traditional coins and spend the holographic or colored ones (in the unlikely event that the USA ever produced such), but they might be fun.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I have to admit that that jumping kangaroo coin is way cool. The changing colors suits the design well. I wonder how it would wear? That is, if it's a circulation coin.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    I rather like it. I have no issue with colorized, holograph etc. coins. Eventually coins like that will have screens on both sides, and a microchip that generates moving devices.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    Interesting looking coin. Not sure yet if I like it or not, but it is interesting looking.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I like the general design, but the colorization on this one makes it look like some of my kids' candy. A fruit roll-up maybe?
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Looking at those coins gives me the urge to run out and buy a couple of tie-dyed shirts and Greatful Dead CDs, but I don't really care for them

-JamminJ