Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Proof issue in 1765?

Corrupting youth since 2004

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Highly suspect. Looks polished. I don't think proofs even existed at that time.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Proof or not, is apparently hasn't eaten in a while. image
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had proofs in 1765, or so I would bet. I know of proof coins from the 1770's.

Unfortunately, some glitch is making eBay pages open verrrry slowly for me tonight (if at all), so

...oh, wait. There it is. Finally.

I get Civitas' pun, now. image

You gotta love how this guy uses "proof" and "nearly uncirculated" interchangeably, in the same auction for that poor, starving, malnourished, "Hungry" coin. image

BWOOP! BWOOP! WARNING! DOOFUS ALERT! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I've got a William and Mary 1/2d Proof 1694. Plenty of proofs a long time before this date.

(although i must say this coin looks like a fun fair token)

L
  • Options
    L. lets see them beauties.
    Corrupting youth since 2004