Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

India 1943

One more from me and I will stop for tonight. This one is not in very good shape. With over 21 million minted you would think I could find a nicer one...image
I also got the photos a little too dark.

imageimage
Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
"A work in progress"

Wayne
eBay registered name:
Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    I just remembered we have a member on here who collects 1943 coins. So.................

Shep, if you would like this beat-up little thing let me know and I will send it..image
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • Options
    Hey Wayne it's my wife's name! I'm glad that you don't show here 1/2 Anna or... God! 1/10 Anna!
    N. N.
  • Options
    I may have one or both of those.... I will have a look.......image
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • Options
    Please!! Don't show it ,please! I want to sleep without any bad dreams today. I just like 1 (one )Anna!!
    N. N.
  • Options
    Nice coin!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Try these
    imageimage
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Looks like some original toned mint luster is showing through. I like these coins!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Just a little. I took the photos to quick to do a good job.
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • Options
    Now Im completly destroyed! You know today I have received from England some also some part of taht coin, if I remeber correctly, byt there at least is written 1 pice and it have a very very large hole, so let's stop for today, because I just showed that thread to my "poor" wife! And now even my PC coudn't choose any emotion!!!
    N. N.
  • Options
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    1943 -1943 did someone say 1943image
    Why yes I like!
    Shep
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shipcoin, I have some lovely 1943 2-anna pieces, if it makes you feel better. You can double your fun, that way. image

PS-

Funny thing, Wayne. First I read your Panamian coin post and it just so happens I had a similar piece on my swaplist, which sold after I mentioned it on your thread. Now you post the 1943 1-anna, and guess what? image

From my October swaplist (which I guess I really need to update soon):

<< <i>INDIA (BRITISH): 1 ANNA, 1943(c), AU53. TWO COINS. Calcutta mint. KM537a, nickel-brass. Interesting shape: scalloped edge. Obverse: crowned head of George VI left. Reverse: value within quadrilobe. Both coins a medium brassy color with some luster remaining. The luster is overlaid with a subtle but lovely rose-colored toning. An attractive pair. Both from the Everett Hoard (see the South African listings, below.) $1.50 each or $2.00 the pair. >>

Shipcoin, if your wife's name is Anna, I suppose she should have one. PM me your address and be patient, and I will send one of them, if you like.

Oh- and Shep, are you the 1943 guy? I guess I should send the other one to you, with the Panamanian coins you bought. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I'll fess up - I am the 1943 guy - alas and alack - on the 15th of this month I finally reach an age which I can no longer say that I'm middle aged (unless you know some 120 year olds) the big 60 - yikes - the only thing good about it is that it is better than the alternativeimage
    Shep
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    5 languages on one coin.. now that's cool!

What's the most number of languages ever to be put on one coin? Is this it?
  • Options
    Lordmarcovan! First of all I want to say you that I like very much your Website! And I like the pictures of your family and your.. cat (my parents have two!)
    Second, as for two Annas coin I just received yesterday some coins from England (by swap) and I DIDN'T ask him for two Annas coin (may be it was my great mistake!) but 1 Anna, that I wanted he hasn't! So I like very much your offer and I'll post you my address (now I'm serious !)

P.S. Oo.. I just remember something... You can enclose 1 Anna coin to the letter with Kookaburra coin...image
    N. N.
  • Options
    Shipcoin, I just remembered I promised you a 1943 1-anna coin almost two months ago!

Well, I still have one from the Calcutta mint, as I mentioned in my last post a long time ago, and it is even a little bit nicer than the one in Wayne's picture, there. About Uncirculated, with plenty of luster.

Sorry it will be late but at least I did remember- better late than never, right? image

You'll have it some time after the New Year.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I can add a little comment here: I bought a 2 Anna from LM's Everett hoard and it's one of the most attractive coins I've ever seen (a superb toning that my scanner is unable to capture). Speaking of Annas, an 1888 quarter Anna (MS64 red) arrived recently in an ICCS holder. What a great coin ! (cannot properly scan it either I'm afraid but it really is as good as it gets)
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    The 1-anna piece I am sending Shipcoin has maybe a tiny bit of the pinkish toning the Everett Hoard coins had, though I cannot recall if it came from the hoard or not. I think I got it from a different source. I am mailing some coins to Oldshep which include a 1943 1-anna from the Everett Hoard. I think all the Indian coins from the hoard are gone now, though I still have several Everett Hoard pieces left from South Africa (which formed the majority of the coins in the hoard). Most of the Everett Hoard coins were toned, as they were brought back from the Second World War by a Merchant Marine sailor, and were subsequently stored in an attic for fifty-plus years, until I bought them from Mr. Everett's son.

Down here, the temperatures in attics can reach 120 degrees in summer, so the extreme heat might have had something to do with the colorful toning on some of those coins. There is also a lot of sulphur in the air here, as our groundwater is permeated with it and it is also a big emission from the paper mills around here. Just recently, I dipped a silver dime that had some ugly black toning on it, left it out on the table, and within a few days it had mostly retoned with a goldish color! Additionally, many of the Everett Hoard coins had been stored in that attic in old airmail envelopes, so the paper in the envelopes might have had something to do with the toning, too.

PS- now that I think of it, there were two of those 1943 1-anna pieces on my swaplist, so perhaps the coin I am sending to Shipcoin came from the Everett Hoard, as well. (I just forgot to note it on the 2 X 2). Oldshep's coin is in one of my printed flips and is definitely from that hoard.

• Options
    Thanks LordM!!

I just sent you PM, and only after that discovered that old thread, running again. I'm really appreciate the fact you are thinking about me exactly at (I even say "during") your Birthday image

It makes my heart ...image

Once more HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND YOUR MOM!image

P.S. Seriously, thanks a lot, I appreciate it very much-- it will be a great New Year present for... I almost wrote "me" - nope! for my wife!image
    N. N.