Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Need help for ID...

Here is one of my medal? token? with ships. May be anybody knows something about that German bank's medal (token). Any help will be strongly appreciated!! I'm sorry for scan quality, forum's limitation 50 kBt make a problem for me (Today is my first attempt of coins scannning) and instead of 150 dpi I made 100 dpi to get over the limit of 50 KBt image
N. N.

Comments

• Options
    Looks nice even though a small image, but I have no clue about it or medals....
  • Options
    Appears to be a German medal. Can you tell us the text on it? Try scanning it at 300 dpi and then resizing it to about 250 pixels wide (under 50k). That way we can blow it up without the pixels becoming too blurred too fast.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    I can't view the images, but I am no expert on tokens or medals anyway.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies, guys! I received a private message from Theboz how to make good scans and hope, that in the nearest future will be able to do it! And then, Tbirde, I'll ask your help for ID of that medal once more!
    By the way, I also asked my-friend-by-e-mail to make translations at English for his nice shipcoins site, but he answered that , unfortunatelly he don't think he can do it (problems with his free time for that work) and advice to anyone , who likes shipcoins to learn Russianimage
    N. N.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    What is the full obv. legend, Nikolai? Best I can make out is "Feuerschiff Amruxbank für Emden". A "Feuerschiff" is a lightship ... sort of a mobile lighthouse.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Thank you very much Askari and you are welcome back!

As for that medal: your explanations may be clear something..., as I think: the medal is some sort of allegory , the ship, that depicted on that medal has a very small text "Deuschte Buct" or something like that. And may be, they want to say that their Sity's Bank (sity of Emden) is a some sort of "lighthouse " in "German Bay of Banks"...

Any way, sorry for poor scan, with the help of theboz and tbirde I already know how to ecnlose good quality scans to forum, the only thing I need is some free time... I'll make normal scan of that and other coins/medals later..

Thaks for your help!!

N. N.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    To learn Russian? no problem: spashiba image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    N. N.