Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New scans of the 1869 Jamaica 1/2d proof.

Tilted the coin to show colors but retained too much flash. image

on the obv. there is a crack that runs thru the bottom of the portrait. These are copper-nickel pieces.
Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders

Comments

• Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Looks like a ton of underlying color.imageimage
    Joe
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    I love old toned coppers. I can anly imagine how beautiful that must be in real life.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I love those coins!!! Does anyone know the exact metal composition of these coins? I'm asking because I have one and it too seems to be more copper-colored than normal cu-ni coins, which are white.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    All the Krause says is " copper-nickel ". This coin is flat lite gray when looked straight on.
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    Nice one. I was checking it out on NEN's site.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Very nice Terry, se it soon image
  • Options
    Saturday in Raleigh Glen. image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    TTT for mongoose. image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    Very cool!!
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    The color on this coin just rolls with light, all underlying and subtle, and very nice.image
    Joe
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin! The only ones I've seen up close were cleaned and looked similar to cleaned copper-nickel flying eagle cents.

Are you working on a set of New World Victoria cents and half cents? That would be cool to put it along side Maritime Province coins and other similar issues.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    I am getting anything that says "half penny" or "1/2 d" on it, but really like the Carribean issues, and S. Africa, and Bermuda (penny), and, and , and...............image
    Terry

eBay Store