Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Losing some weight... Cosmicdebris Wins!

Last Sunday I visited the annual Danish coin show in Copenhagen. I was looking for some stuff for a giveaway but didn't really come across anything (except plate-money and 1 kilo Australian kookas image ) until I ended up by a Swedish coin dealer. He had some really great iron coins to offer, so...

... if you are into iron coins and want a heavy addition to your collection, this is your chance. As usual, just post to enter.

What you can win is a series of Swedish iron coins from the WW2-era: 1 ore 1947 plus 2 and 5 ore 1950. Common coins but in very choice grade - I say they are uncirculated. They have a deep black shine with lots of lustre (as they are zinc coated) and not a single spot of rust.

I will draw a winner on Friday image

Marcel
Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00

Comments

• Options
    Marcel,
    Don't enter me in your giveaway. I justed wanted to say that it is great!.....image
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    Hi, Marcel. Nice offering for a give away. Please allow me to be the first to show my incredible greed. image Please add my name to the hat and thanks for the chance. image

Well, I'm not the first to respond (newbie types faster than me), but I am the first greedy person. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Please enter me in your giveaway! THANKS!
  • Options
    OH , OH please enter me in your giveaway.

Thanks
    Walt
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty cool. Pumping iron. image
  • Options
    I'm not entering, but would like to say I think this is a cool giveaway image

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Please enter my name in your fine giveaway! image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Marcel - great giveway - please enter me, Thanks you for the chance.
    Shep
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Marcel, Please don't enter me but I wanted to say that my Swedish friend from Malmo was at the same show. My understanding is he didn't find much to add to his collection but he did make contacts to assist him in marketing a lot of his collection in the near future. As a matter of fact, I will be flying to Copenhagen in April for the Coin Faire in Malmo. We will then drive down to Hamburg then Osnabruck to visit Kuenker and Manfred Olding. A coin trip made in heaven!!! image
  • Options
    Maybe I could catch up with you and tag along?
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    Enter me too please.
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    Nice coins to find in that shape! Please enter me as well.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    Cool Iron coins! Me in please.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I have a couple of Iron coins, but nothing in that nice of shape, please enter me, thanks.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Please enter me and thanks!

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Please enter me in the nice giveaway. Thanks for the chance.
    Bye,
    Nanda
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice giveaway Marcel,but don't enter me please: I don't deserve it until I loose 20 pounds (of fat,not coins).
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments and "I'm in's". Keep 'em coming!

Iron coins in undamaged state are not exactly common but those from around WW2 can be found with a little patience. Most of them, however, have minor flaws in the strike such as flat looking or missing details. This problem is often seen on larger iron coins because the dies are worn quickly and it takes an immense pressure to strike a large iron coin.

The coins that I am offering here do have minor imperfections - mostly the 5 ore as it is the largest of them. But then, if I had found some iron coins with full and strong strike they would probably be tucked away safely in my collection right now image

Marcel
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Hi MM! That is one excellent giveaway! I'd like to refrain from entering, but on second thought, your offer is too hard to pass up, since I don't have any coins like what you describe. Thanks for the opportunity.

Cacheman, come a bit further south and east on your trip....image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Mint state iron... cool! image

Enter me, please.
    Severo, a Numismatically Disturbed Individual
  • Options
    I've lost 50 pounds this year, so I guess I deserve a treat. Enter me in the giveaway, please.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• Options
    Alright, things got a little busy for me over the weekend, but better late than never: WE HAVE A WINNER!

Cosmicdebris, I'll need your address image

Thanks to all the rest of you for showing interest in this. I might try and dig up some more iron coins next year to satisfy the "demand" image

Marcel
  • Options
    Woooooooo Hooooooooimage

Thanks you! PM is on it's way.
    Bill

09/07/2006