Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Prussian 10 Mark Pattern Proof

This piece was difficult to capture an image of due to its size which is about the size of a dime. I was able to capture some of the color but more importantly the copper lustre of the devices.

Comments

• Options
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!! I need that one.

Awesome coin.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    There's just something about a guy with a bird on his head... image Great coin and even better photography! image
    Copper has to be the most difficult thing to capture, at least it is for me.

Was there a particular reason that so much of this is dated 1913? I understand the Leipzig and War of Liberation commemoratives but were the rest of these part of the saber-rattling that was going on?
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    As you know, this entire Prussian set is original and in its presentation box. The beauty of tis is that all the pieces have the same toning and eye appeal. Also, any "scratches" are not actually scratches but lint marks. These puppies have never be handled...I love 'em!
  • Options
    Elverno, These are patterns that Karl Goetz created and submitted to competition in 1913. These were his first patterns and he made two sets (2,3,5,10,20 Mark) depicting Prussian Emperor Wilhelm II and Bavarian King Ludwig. Both sets had the same reverses. None of these designs were accepted as designs for regular currencies. In the case of Wilhelm and Ludwig WWI broke out and the outcome determined the fate of these pieces. They were discarded when both of the rulers were deposed at the end of the war.

I will start photographing my Bavarian set in the next day or so.
  • Options
    Awesome copper, very nice pieces, and great job on the image......
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    cache, that's an oustanding pic. It must look flawless in hand. image
    Joe
  • Options
    "It must look flawless in hand."

The entire 5 coin set in it's original presentation box is flawless.... image
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Awesome indeed!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image