Home Q & A Forum
Options

PCGS in the Marketplace

David,

There has been a great deal of discussion on the message boards recently on PCGS' presence in the marketplace. Many people believe that PCGS' high cost and long time delays for certification are causing their share of the marketplace to decline in favor of NGC. New lower cost services with shorter turnaround times are starting to emerge. Many people have noticed that, at many recent shows, the ratio of NGC to PCGS slabs is increasing. I just returned from the very large Chattanooga, TN show, and I saw mostly NGC slabs, but very few PCGS, so I agree. What do you think?

Dan
Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
imageimage
Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    I believe that PCGS and NGC slab about the same number of coins each months and have been doing so for a number of years. Our submissions have increased dramatically in the last few years and submission rates are still increasing. I believe there are less PCGS slabs at shows because PCGS coins are the easiest for the dealers to sell. They fly out the door and don't need to go to the shows. If a dealer takes PCGS coins to a show, they will sell they quickest and disappear from his case.

David