Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Prussian Drei Mark Pattern Proof

I am unable to catch the original mirrored fields of this pattern that still shimmer in copper-gold splendor but I am able to show you the lustre remaining on the devices, particularly the reverse eagle..

Negative so you can see the detail better:

And a very close-up negative of the reverse eagle....you gotta love Goetz!!!!

Comments

• Options
    I don't really think you can see that much more detail in negetive, you certainly can't see its natural colour either. Since it's a proof I'll take your word for it that it has a lot of detail. I think I'll get me one of these sometime in the future.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    How much detail would the negative show in black and white?

Truely a beautiful and classic coin! image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Here's a grey scale but I prefer the color negative...

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I agree-the blue is nicer but the greyscale really shows the detail. I think you mentioned you use photoshop; was that the first program you selected or did you arrive there via trial and error? Also, do you use the digital camera base (accessory) to send your images to the computer or do you use the memory chip insertion to the tower?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    I have Photoshop 7.0 and Adobe ImageReady 7.0 but haven't used them due to the learning curve. I mostly use Adobe Photo Deluxe 3.0 Home version that came with the camera (Coolpix 995) and Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) a freeware image viewer and converter. For the most part I only have to use the sharpen command to take out the fuzziness of macro imaging. I just download my images directly from the camera to my computer via a USB cable. using a Nikon View 4 transfer program that came with the camera
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I'm just as frustrated as you are with getting just the right picture, but it's still a heckuva coin.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Awesome coin. It is really tough to get the mirrors on these coin to show up. I have tried again and again and my sig picture is the closest I have come.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely gorgeous coin and great pictures cacheman!

I personally,find the negatives very helpful.X-rays too -if one has the possibility-, can sometimes show surprising evidence (of fraud usually - skillfully filled holes).
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    An exceptionally lovely proof pattern!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image