Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

is this kosher with e-bay

A full-time Hockey dealer from Canada seems to have found a new strategy for e-bay.
text from his auction:

bid early, dont wait the last minute because if there is no bid on this item 24 hours before the end of this auction I will close this auction and the item will not be for sale anymore, postage $12.

Snipers be damned.

Comments

• Options
    doh...this guy has no clue about the last minute bidding frenzy then...
    hockeybonkers@yahoo.ca
  • Options
    He doesn't want to make money, he just wants to be nice!image

I suppose people will snipe at the 24 hour mark instead, if it's a desirable card.
  • Options
    There is a simple solution for the snipers - place an early bid at the minimum and then set a snipe. That way, there will be a bid and he won't close the auction.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    If I find a must have card, sometimes I will place an early small bid on it to help avoid the seller ending it early and selling to somebody else. Then I come back with the snipe at the end. If it's a card that I can do without, I just snipe it. I've seen sellers state that in their auctions before. I generally just ignore the auction and move on. It's not really a true auction if the seller has a "must have" price in mind. Too much trouble for me as a buyer unless I desperately need the card.