Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Isle of Man Pound - Virenium - KM 44

Isle of Man 1978 One Pound struck in virenium. I acquired this coin from an auction lot. On the reverse near the N of ONE there appears to be a "BB". In Krause there is no value for this combination. Can anyone enlighten me...?

Lloyd

Comments

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I see what looks like an "FM" for "Franklin Mint" but not a "BB".
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    The designer/engraver could have been "Brigitte Bardot". image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Askari
    that's the 1 on the obverse - PM which is Pobjoy Mint. There is a BB near the letter N of ONE on the reverse.... ie on the map on the reverse.

L
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    The obverse bust of QEII is by Arnold Machin.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Is it that little dot above the right side of the N below the Calf of Man? I can't discern anything else. Engraver's mark, maybe?
    Askari

• Options
    No it's probably an udder...image
  • Options
    Uh, Lloyd, are you tippling already?imageimageimage
    Askari

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Askari, how else would you expect one to maintain any modicum of sanity on this forum...??image

By the way, what is virenium?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    1Jester
    I've forgotten what virenium is but a quick google search got me the info when I was sober..... I believe it's one of these sexy metals they dream up at the Pobjoy Mint.

L