Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

How to best sell Roosie registry set?

Soliciting opinions....

If one were to sell a top ten Roosevelt CS set, how would you realize maximum profit (or minimum loss!) ? sell as set? break it up and sell singles?
ebay?
teletrade?
forum only?
consign to auction house?
"Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
and they're cold.
I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
Mary

Best Franklin Website

Comments

• MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    are they beautifully toned?
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently within the past 21 days sold all of my NON-FB Roosevelts from 1965-1998 on eBay. I had alot of MS66's & MS67's and did very well, only taking a loss on a few of them, while reaping the rewards on others. With the FB designation, I thought that NON-FB Roosies would take a hit, but that has only fueled the collecting spirit of some. I was sad to see them all go, but very happy to see some on this board buy from me and give my dimes a good home. All went to GREAT collections I might add.

I still have a large # of Roosies and will get back on the set registry in January of next year, so look for me then!

Good luck with you sale, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Obvoiusly being a Roosey collector I would be interested in your set. You say its in the top ten so there must be some great coins in it. There were two top 10 sets sold already and I believe they were both happy with the sale of there coins. I purchased a few myself. I would try the boards first and then E-bay or teletrade. Pm me if you want.