Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

More New Coins and Another Giveaway! Winner in Last Post.

Hello everyone,

Now that my last bribe to get you all to take a look at my new stuff has arrived safely with its new owner here are the final three coins I picked up at the Buena Park, California, Coin show and don't worry a new bribe follows!image Photography credit goes to my wife. Had some rouble uploading the pictures so I hope everything shows up.image

First up is my oldest dated coin, a Hungarian Denar from 1539 featuring Ferdinand I who was both King of Hungary and you guessed it - Holy Roman Empire. These are easy to find and inexpensive especially in lower grades but this is one of the better ones I've come across. I really like the Madonna and Child design which is pretty standard on Hungarian coins right up through the 20th century.

Next is a 1910 Austrian 10 Corona coin - my fifth example of this denomination. I thought it would be neat to try to put together a nice date run in gold. The switch to a gold standard was made in 1892 and the scarcity of the first two years will prevent this collection from being really complete but I still like them.

My last coin is an 1864 Frankfurt 6 kreuzer. A bit North of my usual collecting region but the nice city view inspired me to pick it up. In addition to being motivated by the awesome thalers displayed here on my summer vacation at the Smithsonian the Mrs. saw their city view display and mentioned I should pick a few of those up. She asks and I deliver!

And here is the prize for viewing my coins… another silver Canadian mint set this time a 1964 featuring the Charlottown dollar - a one year type ! To enter just post a reply here and I’ll pick a winner Sunday or Monday.

-JamminJ

*BTW my wife has recently joined the CU forum as “LamminL.” She’s feeling a bit shy thus far but if you see her around why not say hello!

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Hey, JJ! You don't need to bribe me to look at your beautiful coins!!

A big warm welcome to your lovely wife, LL!!

Thanks for the chance to enter and win those killer coins!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    The 10 koronas is one of my favourite ones too; how comes it looks like silver? (all pics are OK btw)
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 10 koronas is one of my favourite ones too; how comes it looks like silver? (all pics are OK btw) >>

Thanks for the feedback on the pictures! They were taken in very bright sunlight that may have lightened the gold up a bit. It looks appropriately yellow in person.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Hey 1jester!

Thanks for the welcome--this is my first official post. Thus far, my only contributions to my husband's little addiction--err...hobby---have included photographing the new acquisitions and hostessing our coin parties so I'm pretty excited to have my own login name.

-Mrs. JamminJ
  • Options
    Hi LL! Your hostessing skills are world-famous by now! Glad to have you here.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    More great coins!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Pretty nice - I like that "castle view" 6 kreuzer!

Please let me enter your giveaway - I don't have that particular prooflike set image

Marcel
    Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00
  • Options
    Great coins and very nice pics of the coins.

Please enter me in the giveaway. Thanks.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Please do not enter me in your fine giveaway, but let me say that you have some very nice examples on display.

Welcome to the forum, LL!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    JJ, that is a really nice Hungarian Denar.

LL, welcome!
    photographing the new acquisitions and hostessing our coin parties You're doing all the hard parts. image

No entry for the set, but wanted to welcome LL.
    Joe
  • Options
    I like that 6 k piece!
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    Welcome LL from me across the waters....... I would appreciate being entered in your giveaway and I love that Kruzer...image
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    JJ - Love the 1910 Austrian, good eye for neat coins. Welcome to LL, we need the distaff views on this forum so please chime in often.image
    Please enter me in the giveaway, a good addition to my Canadian set,
    Shep
  • Options
    I love your Frankfurt! Please enter me into your great giveaway. The Charlottetown design is very good image

• Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Nice grabs! all in excellent condition!
    I like the 6Kr and gold piece, but I really need to get one of those medieval Madonnas one of these days..
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭
    Glad to be back after a brief haitus. Wonderful coins to see. Thanks as always for a giveaway chance....
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    Nice coins!Please enter me.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Just wanted to drop in and welcome LamminL to the forums!! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    As noted, I brought my greed back from Japan, so . . .image
    Roy

• Options
    Those coins look so much better than the ones I get in my daily change. I get the quarter and nickel mostly , once in awhile I'll get a dime but I've never seen the others. Nice set, count me in too.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

I just wanted to add another important numismatic task that I forgot to mention: I drop off giveaways at the post office!

-Mrs. JamminJ
  • Options
    We'll let this slide down the front page once more and pick a winner tomorrow.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Ohhhh! Canadian coins! Please enter me! Nice coins by the way.
    ---Skylar

send me something nice image
    i love surprises (nice ones like coins or chick-fil-a gift certificates)

"People my hate you while you are alive, but they will love you when you're dead."

---I said that actually
  • Options
    And the winner is....

LamminL! Hey, great! I'm really going to save on postage!image Just kidding, the real winner is....

Luvdawgs!!!

Please PM me your address and I'll get the set on its way. Thanks to all for the kind word and entries.
    -JamminJ
  • Options
    Congrats to Susanimage
    Shep
  • Options
    I'm in shock. Thanks so much, Jammin J and Shep.

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Luvdawgs wins again!! Congrats.image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Congrats to Luvdawgs, the perennial favorite!!!

Thanks for the chance, JJ and LL!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD