Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Has anyone noticed if the California fires have ...

GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
caused a delay in mail delivery to PCGS. I know Carol said they weren't in any jeopardy, but you got to wonder if all the activity is impacting normal operations throughout the state (meaning mail delivery and the like). Something seems to always come up when I send in submissions.

I was expecting to get an acknowledgement of receipt of my latest REsubmission by now.

Hey Frank. I finally sent that crossover back - we'll see if HRH gets it this time. This is going to be about the costliest grading fee for one coin I have had so far.
Gilbert

Comments

• Options
    I expect that there has been some impact... There have been flight and other transportation delays attributed to the fires, but probably not more than a day or two. I would expect that if there are delays it's a result of the graders missing work to tend to family priorities (i.e., the graders themselves may live in impacted areas or have family members that do). That wouldn't be so much of a problem if they actually lived in Newport Beach, but I'm guessing the graders don't do quite as well as David Hall...
  • Options
    I sent in a coin for my grand daughter last Saturday. No word on it yet.....Ken
  • Options
    In my part of San Diego, the mail has been fine. I just got a coin from Florida in 2 days.
  • Options
    Good luck on that re-submission Gilbert! I just got notification yesterday of a registered package that I sent on Saturday so it seems that the mail is running smothly.

Frank
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilbert

Hopefully it was route far enough away from the heat and sulfur that you don't get it back in a body bag as being ATed image.

Good luck with the crossover (and hope things are well with you otherwise).
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,278
    I haven't heard anything about it affecting the mail here in West LA.
    DSW

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file